Battersea Wandsworth Road
this post has not been edited or checked
Post to the south Clapham Old Town
Post to the west Battersea Longhedge
Post to the north Riverside Nine Elms
Large estates of flats 1920/30s.
1840 Baptist Church
St Barnabas, 1848-50 by Isaac Clarke & James Humphreys. centrepiece to the contemporary Lansdowne Gardens.
83 Priory Arms
A few more c18-early c19 houses along
Stewarts Lane Station. 29th March 1858. London Brighton and South Coast Railway. Line to Penge Junction 1860 London, Chatham and Dover Railway. 1858 December closed . 1863 opened with entrance on the west side of Linford Street near Corunna Terrace . 1867 closed.
LCC Weights & Measures
18, Small walled garden with formal framework softened by expressionist colour-themed planting.
Heathfield Primary School LSB An altered but still picturesque skyline of shaped gables, steeply pitched roof, and cupola.
Junction ext. to new terminus at Waterloo 1860s
Stewarts Lane Station line to Penge Junction l860 London, Chatham and Dover Railway. To Crystal Palace open to Herne Hill l862.
Clapham Manor School. 1881 with later additions
Christ Church 1861 By B.Ferrey, 1861-2; Kentish rag
vicarage by G. E. Street, with many hipped gables.
Springfield Estate later additions by Lambeth to the G.LC estate show a change of heart witnessed in the staggered yellow brick terraces of family houses, with bay-windows and front and back gardens car park concealed beneath, 1975-6. Clunn said “A fine new housing estate “.
99 Prince of Wales
Springfield Estate by the L.C.C., 1935, with large blocks of flats,
Housing by L. de Soissons and G. Grey Womum formerly a private estate, 1929-30, distinguished by rather fussy neo-Georgian trimmings. the interior courtyards better.
Carey Gardens the most interesting redevelopment is, a G.L.C. estate of 1970-7 Nicholas Wood, influenced by the March and Martin principles of perimeter planning 403 dwellings at 136 p.p.a.
Westbury Estate, the familiar mixed development of the 1960s, with two twenty-one-storey brutalist towers (1964-7). GLC
167 The Cider House
South Bank Poly and Vauxhall College of Building. five storeys and cheery lecture theatre. 1970-4 by Shingler Risdon Associates.
Special railway station for Queen Victoria
Wandsworth Road Station. 1st March 1863. 1916 closed.
Wandsworth Road Station. From 1866 trains from Clapham Junction to Ludgate Hill. Wandsworth Road platform adjoining