This post is not finished has not been edited or checked
Post to the east Harold Hill Straight Road
Post to the north Bedfords Park
Hilldene Primary School.
Named after John Heaton born in 1740 and a City Lawyer with offices in Old Burlington Street. In 1771 he bought the Manor of Bedfords where he was to live. When Romford, Harold Wood, Common was enclosed in 1814 Heaton bought 35 acres for £2,300 but actually got more than he had paid for. He set up a model farm there called Heaton Grange. It was a big success.
Romford Council bought the farm in the 1950s and developed it for housing.