Riverside on the north bank and east of the 'Tower. Grays.
Riverside east of the Tower and the north bank. Grays TQ 61272 77961 Town Centre of this old, downmarket, riverside town Post to the west Grays Post to the south Northfleet Terminal Argent Street The Theobald Arms. Two-bar, family-run local in the rejuvenated riverside area of Grays, opposite the Town Wharf. Former stables at the rear. It was previously called the Hoy and was recorded from the 18th. It is named after a James Theobald who is a past owner of Belmont Castle. Shefield House. In 1870 this 3-storey house built in the late 17th, became the infirmary and staff quarters for the Training Ship Goliath, in the grounds were a playing field and swimming bath. They were later used by the boys from the Exmouth. It stood near the Town Wharf, and the site of Theobalds Arms, east of the High Street and from the 17th was the principal house in the town. The Castle . This was present in 1854. This pub is no longer in existence The Tops Club . CIU social club, in long low bri