Sunday, 21 November 2021

Hatton Cross

 Post to the east Hatton

Post to the south Hatton Road

Chaucer Avenue
Internal Airport Road

Cranford Lane
Internal Airport Road

Dick Turpin's Way
The area was apparently notorious for highway robbery
Hatton Farm. Open storage land, etc derelict site

Dockwell Lane
This lane was replaced by the South West Road
Hatton House, This was thought to date from the 18th. In the 1940s it became Dick Turpin’s Kitchen, a roadhouse. It was demolished in 1978

Eagle Road
Internal Airport Road

Eastchurch Road
Internal Airport Road

Eastern Perimeter Road

Electra Avenue
Internal Airport Road

Elmdon Road
Internal Airport Road

Ensign Close
Internal Airport Road

Envoy Avenue
Internal Airport Road

Exeter Road
Internal Airport Road

Faggs  Road
Mission Room. 1930s, Baptist Chapel/Anglican Mission Room converted for office use in 2000
Radius Park  Trading Estate, Airport Industrial Properties. On the site of St. Anthony’s Home
St.Anthony’s Home. This was Temple Hatton, owned by  Sir Frederick Pollock. It appears originally to have been a farmhouse and/or a chapel. In 1899 it was sold to a Roman Catholic order and became an orphanage called St. Anthony's Home. In 1958 it was sold and the site is now Radius Park.
Lodge to St. Anthony’s Home
Green Man pub. Parts of the building date back to c.1639, but much altered. It was once thatched and had stables, now part of a bar. Hidey hole behind the chimney.

Great South West Road
Replaced Dockwell Lane. This is now the A30 and it ends at Land’s End. The section around Heathrow had been planned as the western end of the Great West Road an early bypass for motor traffic. Work began in 1914 but was halted because of Great War.  It resumed in 1919.
Cut and cover trench provided alongside the road for the tube extension to Heathrow.

Hatton Road (northern section)
Until the airport was built this road came from the north – Sipson- to the South West Road at Hatton Cross.  A stump of it remains from the South West Road to a roundabout.  The road continues south of the  roundabouit
Dog and Partridge. Demolished 1949 for the airport. The licence was transferred to a pub in Staines
Hatton Gore and kennels. Built 1840s it incorporated York stone from the Bank of England. Home of plant collector Frank Kingdon-Ward 1920s who built a rockery on the model of a river ravine in the Himalayas. Demolished 1940s for the airport. The site is part of the truck depot west Enfield Road Roundabout.
The Cedars: house, with a big pond in the front of it. Built around 1840. Demolished 1940s for the airport. Now the site of car parks in line with the north runway.
Hatton Road Farm
The Common Farm,
The Magpies pub became Cyclist's Rest cafe

Hatton Road
South west section south of the South West Road
Atrium Hotel. Aggressive blue outside.  Opened 2018. Described as ‘weird’.
Steam Farm, the first in the area to have a steam-powered plough. Real name was Rayner’s Farm

Lock Lane
Demolished for the airport

Southern Perimeter Road
Hatton Cross Station. Opened 19th July 1975.  It lies between Hounslow West and Heathrow Terminals 1 2 3 and Heathrow Terminal 4 on the Piccadilly Line. It first became an intermediate terminus on the Piccadilly Line and the first trains to Heathrow terminated here. It was built to tube line standards rather than those of the District Line. The platforms are in a tunnel but constructed as cut and cover and the tiling on central columns features patterns made up from the British Airways Speed bird logo. The station building is in brutalist concrete and includes a bus station. In 1986 Terminal 4 opened with a new line which acts as a loop to the other Terminals.  In the 1970s there were island platforms and a ticket hall at surface level plus below surface platforms.

St.Anthony’s Way.
Internal road on Radius Estate

St.Theresa Road
Internal road on Radius Estate

Vanguard Way
Internal airport road
Boadicea House. BOAC data centre
British Airways Flight Training Centre
British Airways Global Learning Academy

Viscount Way
Internal airport road
 
 
Sources
Day. London Underground
Green Man pub website
Hatton History web site
Wikipedia

Saturday, 20 November 2021

Old Hatfield

 

Arm and Sword Lane 
Lane running down from the Great North Road past pub car park. Was once called ‘Blood and Gut Alley’ or ‘Bug Alley’ because of a slaughterhouse there. The road continues under the viaduct built to enable Lord Salisbury to access the Railway station.
Viaduct villas


Batterdale
Batterdale House. 18th house, demolished
Triangle House. This originally belonged to a tanner and there was an adjacent tan yard. Later a doctor’s surgery.  Demolished.
Convent. In 1925 Carmelite nuns built a convent on the site of the old Hatfield Brewery in Batterdale, by the railway station, and remained there until 1938
Hatfield Brewery. The Searancke family are the earliest own local brewers from the late 17th. In 1815 it was sold to Joseph Bigg but by 1819 was acquired by Joseph Field. By the 1830s it owned forty pubs and produced more than 7,600 barrels annually”. By the 1830s it was owned by the Pryor family, local Quakers. They had maltsters in Baldock and some of the family were partners in Truman, Hanbury and Buxton. The company was, Pryor, Reid & Co. Ltd. it expanded substantially taking over other local breweries. It closed in 1920.
Waters, The site of the brewery was acquired by W Waters & Co. who built their garage in a prominent position on the bend at the bottom of Brewery Hill – roughly covering Salisbury Square
Maltings.  Hatfield brewery owners the Searancke family had two maltings in Batterdale. One was later passed to the Hare family
Fire station. In 1900 the old Fire Engine House was sold to the Great Northern Railway and a new building was erected in Batterdale
Church hall.  The original church on the site, dedicated to The Blessed Sacrament and St.Teresa. It is now the hall for Marychurch. It was built 1929-30.
Platelayers Arms Pub 1880s-1920s
William Burgess clock making business. This was sited on the corner with London Road and closed 1920s. Later undertakers and bark and wood business

Beaconsfield Road
The line of the road was originally called Beaconsfield Terrace built in 1898 but the recent layout dates from 1970.
Road with industrial units between it and the railway which are built on the site of old sidings.  These have included woodworking, printing, engineering, heating and ventilating, tool making. Housing on the west side all removed.
This area was once known as Puttocks Oak and Whitewash Alley – some of this area is in the square to the north,
Rising Sun pub. When the railway was first built a level crossing was provide to from here to the Red Lion in the Great North Road
Police cottages – there were six police cottages next to the Rising Sun. They were demolished in bombing in 1944.

Broadway
The road name ‘Broadway’ seems to date from ‘regeneration’ of the mid 20th. Before that this was part of the Great North Road or London Road entering Hatfield from the south.  The construction of the present A1000 road, which by passes the town centre, meant that his could become an urban side road.  It leads from a roundabout on the A1000 to a junction with Fore Street and Park Street. It passes Marychurch which fronts onto Salisbury Square.
15 The Salisbury Restaurant. Now Offices.  Bolt by the 3rd Marquess of Salisbury in 1885 with a large public hall on the first floor. Later it became a Temperance Hotel – marked as this is nth in 1891 census and only appears on maps marked as a ‘pub’ in the 1930s. After the Second World War it became a restaurant, since closed
Dray House pub. This was next to the Salisbury. Prints show it as a free standing timber building
London Road (National) School was built by public subscription in 1850. It was located just south of the junction with French Horn Lane.  It was initially for girls and infants but boys came here after 1854, but in 1904 boys moved to Endymion Road. In 1913, the infants moved to a building in Church Street and in 1924, the girls also moved to Endymion Road. The London Road building was then used for adult education and as a library and was sold in 1935. The building remained, in industrial use into the 1960s but was then demolished,
1-5 K.C.V. Precision Tool Co. They used the old London Road school building.
One Bell pub. This was at the bottom of Fore Street on the corner with Broadway
Archway leading to Jacobs Ladder.
Old Workhouse Yard. Site of Salisbury Square.
William Waters’s car and bicycle repair shop 1900s.
James Gray.   Coach builder and motor repair works 1900s. This had grown from a wheelwright in the 1850s and a new building was on the site from 1886.  On the east side of the road it crossed to over and by 1994 was part of diamonds rover.  Both premises have been demolished

Church Street
This used to be called Back Street
Jacobs Ladder – this old staircase emerges here having come down from the original and older Salisbury Square
4 The Bakers Arms.  In 1850 it was owned by the Newtown Brewery who ran a bakers and a beer shop here. It was acquired by the Hatfield Brewery in the 1890’s and later by Beskins. In 1904 there was growing concern about the great number of public houses in the town, and In 1928 seven licences were refused in Old Hatfield, the Bakers Arms was one. It is a private house.
Two Brewers pub. It was here until the 1880s when it was replaced by the rectory
42b National Map Centre. Partner of OS.
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel. In 1851 5 members held services in an old cow shed adjacent to the Two Brewers Pub. By 1864 there were 18 members and they moved to a new site
St. Audrey’s This was originally built as a rectory for rector, William Gascoyne Cecil - second son or the 3rd Marquess of Salisbury. It has since been a home for the blind, offices and now a care home.
St Ethedreda's Church Hall - a building which was originally Countess Anne's School. In 1732 the Countess Anne of Salisbury founded a charity school for the education of forty girls. In the 1870s the school moved into this building and stayed until 1912. In 1913, the infants moved here from London Road. School. It is red brick with stepped buttresses.
Gate into Hatfield House estate. Building marked as a lodge.

Cranbourne Road
On the route of a path through allotments going to the station

Endymion Road
Schools. In the 1880s The London Road School was over-crowded and in 1904 a new building was opened here for the boys only. Before 1910 however it was called St Audrey’s. In 1924, the girls as came here and it became a mixed school. New buildings were added and the school expanded. In 1944 it was destroyed by bombing. In 1946 it was built as a Secondary Modern under the new Act and the County Council took it over as a Controlled School. The new St. Audrey’s Secondary Modem School was formally opened by the Minister of Education on 26th July 1946, being the first new school to be built in the country after the Second World War. In 1957 the school moved out and these buildings became the Broadoak Primary School, then it became the Onslow School - which in the 1970s was on both sides of the road. It is now the Countess Anne ‘Academy’ School with an address in School Lane
Hatfield Polytechnic. This was in the Onslow School building on the east side of the road and included the National Reprographic Centre. The site is now housing

Fore Street
This once led up from the Salisbury Arms to the old parish church on the hill and to the gate of the Old Palace. It was part of the Great North Road, used by traffic going from London to Edinburgh and all points in between
Fore Street Gatehouse, Lodge at Hatfield House entrance. It includes a porter's lodge and two cottages. It is in red brick and was part of the entrance to Bishop Morton's Palace, c1480 with 17th and 19th additions. In the wall is an Edward VII post-box.
The Gatehouse. This was the Salisbury Arms Hotel. Now houses and flats. The closed archway used to be the entrance to a courtyard for 100 horses as coaching stop on the Great North Road.  Some windows blocked because of the Window Tax. It was also once called the white Lion inn. It was used as a post office in the 19th.
Market House. In the middle ages fairs were held on the feast of St. Audrey. This stood at the bottom end of the road in the 17th.  It had an open ground floor and a room above.  Courts were held there and it had the official weights and measures. It was moved and the upper floor used as a school. It was demolished in 1850.
10 East Indian Chief Pub. This is now a private house.  In the 18th it was named The Roebuck and then the Nags Head, later it was the Marquis of Granby and then the Full Measure. It was the Indian Chief by 1855
12 Church Office. There is a letter box set into the wall.
11 This was a butcher’s shop 1940's - 1960's. Hooks for hanging the carcasses remain under the window eaves.
42 Crown House. Originally part of The Rose & Crown Public House dated 1495
St.Etheldreda. This is the largest church in Hertfordshire.  It was founded in 1240, and dedicated to the Saxon princess, Eltheldreda, or Saint Audrey. It was later rebuilt and the chancel and the transepts date from the 13th and the embattled tower, with its spike, was built in the 15th when a central tower was removed. In the Salisbury chapel, built 1618, is the tomb, of Robert Cecil who created the Hatfield House. Also that of Robert Arthur Talbot Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury, Prime Minister three times and four times as Foreign Secretary from 1885-1902.The 18th wrought-iron screen severs the chapel from the chancel and came from Amiens Cathedral. In the Brocket Chapel is William Lamb, Viscount Melbourne, Prime Minister 1835-41. In the Ludwicke Chantry is a memorial to Thomas Fuller, Rector of Hatfield from 1684 to 1712. The pulpit was designed by Sir Albert Richardson in 1947 as a War Memorial for both World Wars.
Churchyard. This includes a wooden grave marker of John Whitmore. At the east end of the churchyard is the private cemetery of the Cecil family.
Church Cottage. Made up of three 17th cottages standing in the church yard. Has been used as a house for curates.
Wrought-iron gates. It is said that once one of the seven pairs of gates, made in Sussex in 1710, which once enclosed St Paul's churchyard in London were here.

French Horn Lane
Section west of the railway
The section west of the railway was a new road built in 1970 through allotments while the old line of the road became a cul de sac.  The line of the ‘new’ French Horn Lane is a featureless main road and runs under the railway to the roundabout on the Great North Road from which The Broadway goes into Old Hatfield.
10 site of old Rectory, latterly Howe Dell School run on self expression principles.
Manfield and Berner Maltings. These were immediately before the old railway bridge. Later replaced by houses and now demolished.
Railway Bridge.  1893 Railway Bridge removed in 1970. The old bridge was on the line of the pedestrian underpass.
Wesleyan chapel built 1889 and closed in 1938. It then became a furniture store.   Demolished 1968 in order for the new roundabout and railway bridge to be built,
Herts Militia Buildings,
Walter’s Garage Workshops

Great North Road
The present Great North Road is the A1000 built as a bypass to the town centre. The previous road north from London ran through the centre of Hatfield – now Broadway and Park Street.  The road south of Batterdale was earlier ‘London Road’
Hertford Conservative Association offices.  Demolished,
Public hall, 1910.  Built by Lord Salisbury.  Silent movies and also originally a public library  Regent cinema opened in the mid 1930s.  Taking over from the old Public Hall opposite the railway station.  By 1970 it was a dual use cinema and bingo club, The Curzon. Lager as Chequers Bingo, since closed. Demolished.
52 Priory House. May have been a pub  demolished. Opened 1605 and then 1696. Called the Green Man and later The White Lion.  Searanake Brewery and the Bradshaws,
54 Great Northern PH - formerly the Hatfield Arms and before that the Great Northern Hotel and before that Duoro Arms. ‘Old railway workers pub’.
Hatfield Station.  This lies between Welwyn Garden City and Wenham Green on the Great Northern Railway and Thameslink, It opened in 1850. It once served two other lines – the branch line to Dunstable Town closed in 1965 and the railway to St.Alban's Abbey, opened 185 and closed in 1951. The station is a red brick box building from 1973, architect.  Hardy of British Railways Eastern Region. This was a much earlier station. Private waiting room for Marquess of Salisbury. In 2015 it had a bus interchange and taxi rank, refurbished ticket office, three new shops and step-free access to all platforms.
Multi-storey car park opened 2014
51 Encore House
61 GE Healthcare, offices, research and development, Life Care Solutions
& Ultrasound Education
Entrance gates to Hatfield House and Park. Late C19, gates, listed grade II, with low, curved brick walls. There are two carriage entrances, flanked by piers with stone lions and separated iron screen with the statue of the Marquess of Salisbury who built this gateway to provide access to the station. From here the drive goes on an embankment and over a bridge above the village street to the park entrance to the park.
Salisbury Statue. Bronze seated statue of Robert Arthur Talbot, Third Marquess of Salisbury, 1830-1903, He was three times Prime Minister.  Sculpture by G Frampton R.A., 1906. Stone base with Salisbury coat of arms and inscription.
Hatfield War memorial. This is next to the gates to Hatfield House, donated by Lord Salisbury. It commemorates 139 local servicemen who died in the Great World War and in 1921. The names are also recorded of those who died in air raids. It is in a garden enclosed by a clipped yew hedge and a wall. The Portland stone memorial cross is a wheel-head cross and there is a pavilion designed to provide shelter for visitors by Frederic Kenyon in 1918. There are inscriptions: “We will remember them 1939 – 1945/ (44 names)’ ... Thanks be to God which giveth us the victory mcmxiv – mcmxix/ (names) .... We will remember them 1939 – 1945/ (15 names)/ victims of enemy action on 3rd October 1940/ (21 names)/ victims of enemy action on 22nd September 1944/ (4 names)/ victims of enemy action on 10th October 1944/ (9 names)
Post Office and Telephone exchange. Designed by Frederick Llewellyn in 1936.  It included an automatic telephone exchange.  Closed 1961. There is a plaque about the opening on the building. It is now offices
76 Hatfield Social Club. Established 1934 and now in purpose built 1970s premises on the site of Northcotts
Northcotts House.  School run by Rev. Benjamin Peile, Curate of Hatfield in 1838 and closed around 1860.  Later used as Hatfield Red Cross hospital in the Great War donated by Lord Salisbury.  Home guard centre in the Second World War.  It was demolished in the 1970s to make way for a block of 25 flats also known as Northcotts.  
North Place.  Grade II listed 1795
Hatfield Park War Graves Cemetery. From September 1939 was used as a military hospital. A section of the park was laid out as a cemetery for burials from the hospital. It has 20 graves from the Second World War, plus a civilian airman. There is also a train crash memorial nearby
London Road School, This was near the corner with French Horn Lane. Later used by KCV Precision Tool Co. Thus National School was built by public subscription in 1850, It was initially for girls and infants but, in 1854, boys transferred to the school. From 1904, girls and infants only were in thus premises. In 1907, the name was changed to Church of England Schools. In 1913, girls only remained and left in 1924. The building was then used classes, adult education and a library. . It was eventually demolished as part of the Hatfield New Town development.

Hatfield House
King Edgar presented 'Hetfelle' to the monastery of Ely and in 1086  Domesday 'Hetfelle was still theirs By the early 12th it had become a residence for the bishops and Hatfield was known as Bishops Hatfield.
The Old/Bishop’s Palace. A very early brick palace was built 1480-49 by John Morton, Henry VII’s Archbishop. In 1538 the manor passed to the Crown and the palace became home to the royal children - Mary, Elizabeth and Edward.  Here Elizabeth and Mary spent many years of their childhood, in virtual imprisonment. Elizabeth’s first Privy Council took place in the great Hall. James I gave Robert Cecil Hatfield in exchange for Theobalds and the estate remains with his descendants. Cecil demolished most of Morton’s palace and built a new house.  What remains of the old palace is a line of buildings in red brick, with end gables and a central tower.   Over the archway of the gatehouse are ancient beams and a mullioned window. The west front has a square tower, and at the end a stepped gable is surmounted by a twisted chimney. The great hall remains,
Forecourt, on the west side of the Old Palace, with the stable yard and the churchyard of the parish church. A brick gatehouse gives access to Fore Street
The House. In 1611, Robert Cecil, 1st Earl of Salisbury built a Jacobean House adjoining the Old Palace. It decorated for entertaining the Royal Court, with State Rooms with paintings, fine furniture and tapestries. Examples of Jacobean craftsmanship include the Grand Staircase and the stained glass window in the private chapel. The south front, the wings, the central arcade, and the tower provide a vista. There is a clock tower from the roof of the great hall, with an octagonal dome. The hall rises to two floors and has spectacular carved screen. On the first floor is a long gallery. The second Marquis of Salisbury, built terrace gardens either side of the house and installed a maze, electric lighting, and water gardens.
Gardens. Extensive and complex gardens and park, created from medieval parks. Robert Cecil's formal, early C17 gardens were created by designers including Thomas Chaundler and Salomon de Caus, and planted by John Tradescant the elder, as head gardener. The gardens were landscaped in the C18, but then remodelled and extended in the C19 and C20   There Are original fountains, a large relief of Queen Elizabeth I and a maze.
Forecourt. Walls and gates 1845 and late C19, for the second and third Marquesses. Listed grade II. With red-brick and terracotta walls, and two further additional. A broad stone staircase leads up to the central front door of the house. Beyond the north front of the House are two pairs of brick and stone, gate piers with iron gates
South approach. Thus was the main entrance in the C17. It was aligned on the centre of the south front. The road way goes to a lodge, 2km tithe south south of the House.
West Gardens, these formal garden are overlooked by the C19 west terrace. The Privy Garden, bounded by a lime walk, has the West Parterre. To the west of this the lower Scented Garden, The Wilderness Garden extends south from these formal gardens, with the remains of C19 wooded pleasure grounds.
East Gardens, terraced gardens lead down a slope from the east front, a double flight of steps leads to the east parterre, with a C20 kitchen garden, an orchard and the Mount Garden. A flight of steps goes to the Maze Garden, and the Pool Garden, with swimming pool ad yew hedges. Beyond this is the New Pond and Wild Garden, laid out in the early C17
Maze 1840s, restored mid/late C20#
Hatfield Park is made up of several earlier parks, including Middle Park and Innings Park. The central area around the House and gardens is pasture, with scattered trees.
Oak tree. The remains of an old oak tree, under which Princess Elizabeth was reputably sitting when news was brought of her accession to the throne after the death of Mary Tudor, are still preserved.

Old French Horn Lane
This was diverted and partly closed in 1970.  These notes cover the original lane as well as the small section now there
Hatfield Gas Works. Company established in 1860 by Lord Salisbury. In 1925 taken over by the Welwyn and Hatfield Gas Co. This was on the south side of the road immediately next to the railway. Now partly St.Ethelreds Drive.

Park Close
Built on the site of a Non-Conformist Cemetery. Gravestones can still be seen at the far end

Park Meadow
Newish housing on previous dairy farm land,

Park Street
This was previously Duck Lane. Part of the road is known locally as Brewery Hill
1 Checkers Inn. This is now offices. The landlord was Thomas Serin in the early 17th and the pub was run by members of the Searancke family. The family business eventually grew into the Hatfield Brewery.
Brewery. John Searancke is known to have been the owner of a small brewery behind the Chequers Inn in 1582
2 Eight Bells Inn. This claims to be the pub house mentioned in Oliver Twist where Bill Sikes and his dog went after the murder of Nancy. It is low-roofed, timber-framed 16th building with a 19th front.
Jacobs Well 19th pub. This was opposite the Horse and Groom.
Park Street Chapel. Built 1823 the first nonconformist church in Hatfield. In 1925 it was congregational. Demolished in the 1960s but some gravestones remain
Butchers Arms. This was also opposite the Horse and Groom
21 Horse and Groom Pub. Grade public house it is based on a 17th or earlier timber frame with a later red brick casing. Still in business! It stands at the end of the old Arm and Sword Yard.
Park Street Brewery, This was leased to Arthur Sherriff and stood alongside the old Arm and Sword Yard. Complins Brewery was taken over in 1872 by Sherriff in 1899 .

Salisbury Square
Basically a car park, The original square was a double terrace of houses built for Sergeants of the Herts Militia. There was also a band room and an armoury and a communal pump. Hatfield was the headquarters of the militia 1852-1872. Demolished 1972.. The buildings on the west side follow the line of the old Great North Road.
Marychurch, RC. Planned in 1962 but built 1969-70. It was founded in 1930. Church designed by George Mathers; glass by Dom. Charles Norris and Dom. Paulinus Angold; font and welded steel screens and gates by Angela Godfrey.

School Lane
Called Old St Albans road

Stable Yard
Carl Russell Co Gunmakers Ltd. 60 years experience in the British gun trade and specialise in British shotguns as a gun makers.

St Eltheldreda  Drive
Site of Hatfield gas Works

Sources
Hatfield Borough Council. Web site
Hertfordshire Churches,
Hertfordshire
Historic England. Web site
Kirby & Busby. Hatfield. A pictorial history
Nairn. Modern Buildings,
Mitchell & Smith. Branch Line around Hertford and Hatfield
North Mymms History Project. Web site
Our Hatfield. Web site
Waymarking. Web site

Sunday, 18 April 2021

List of pages following the route of the south London River Ravensbourne and its Tributaries - Quaggy, Pool, Chaffimch.etc

 

SOUTH LONDON – RIVER RAVENSBOURNE AND ITS TRIBUTORIES

 

Keston. Source of the Ravensbourne, Olive’s Mill, Romano British Cemetery, gravel pit, Keston Ponds, reservoirs. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-keston.html

Hayes Common. Football and cricket clubs, boys secondary school. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-hayes.html

Hayes.  Various small tributaries to the Ravensbourne. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-hayes_11.html

Tributory to the Ravensbourne

Bromley Common. Steam Brewery, Bus Garage, war memorial, Garden Gate Pub, Village hall, golf club, race course,New Era Laundry,country park, Hastings Road, turnpike, City of London plaque, Lennard Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Astley Adult Training Centre, School. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-stream-flowing-to.html

River Ravensbourne

Norman Park.  Bromley College of  Higher Education, Blue Circle Sports Club, Crown Pub, Five Bells, Ambulance Centre, Norman Park, Football Club, Harriers and Athletic Club, Rookery Lake. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-norman.html

Hayes. Bourne Stream parallel to the Ravensbourne, Bromley Football Club, Norman Park Athletics Track. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-and.html

The Bourne.Tributory to the Ravensbourne

West Wickham. Pond, House for 1934 Ideal Homes, obelisk, College of Further Education, Metropolitan Police Sport Club, police stables, public air raid shelters, school, assembly rooms, granary, earthwork, Armada ditches, Domesday oaks. T

Hayes.  Hayes Station, signal box, Pickhurst Pub, football clubs, scout hut. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.comLabour/2010/02/thames-tributary-bourne-flowing-to.html

River Ravensbourne

Bromley South. Ravensbourne is joined by a number of streams near the junction of Hayes and Westmoreland Roads, Board School, Kitson’s Works,Bromley Hospital, Foresters House, Masonic Hall, VAD Hospital, Conservative Club, High School,Labour Exchange, Scout Hut, Tennis club, School, Rising Sun, Gaumont Cinema, Police Station, Kentish Way, Gravel Pits,Railway Signal Pub, Crown Buldings, Two Brewers pub, Charity School, Tiger’s Head, Centre for Autism, Bricklayers Arms, Maternity Hospital, Palace Tavern,Lola Cars, Dialisis Unit, Friends Meeting House, Bromley Labour Club, Richmal Crompton. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2017/10/bromley-south.html

Tributory to the Ravensbourne  This runs from Toots Wood between Westmoreland and Stone Road. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne.html

River Ravensbourne

Shortlands Station.  Page not done

Beckenham. Sloane hospital, sewer vent pipe, St.Christopher’s School, Bishop Challenor’s School, primary school. Beckenham Place Park Lodge. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-beckenham.html

Beckenham Place.  Wray Works, Millwall Football Club Training, Lewisham Youth Football, Beckenham Place Park hollow ex-pond, boundarypost, Ravenbourne Station,  ancient woodland, Beckenham Park Lodge, Convent, School. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-beckenham_

South End.  Beckenham Hill Station, Park Lodge, Pillarbox, milestone, school, Green Man, Upper Mill, Obelisk, Mill Pond, Lower Mill, Tiger’s Head, memorial green areas, Garden Gate pub, horse trough.Sedgehill School, two tributaries, Bonnies. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-south-end.html

Bellingham. Mound, bridges, Roman Road, Catford Bus Garage, Old Mill, Police Station, Sports Ground, Rivers Centre,  Open air swimming pool, Bellingham Station, Fellowship Inn. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_4690.html

Pool River. Tributory to the Ravensbourne, from its source

Woodside. Primary school, Croydon baths, VR pillar box, Handleys brickworks, brickworks meadow, school nature garden, Enshaw’s clay pipes, smithy, Greyhound pub, Adult Learning Centre, fire station, Gold Coast pub, South Norwood Library, South Norwood Leisure Centre, Oceans Apart, Horse tram depot, Woodsde Tram Stop, Woodside Station, Woodside Timber merchants, Beehive, Joiners Arms, Metropolitan Drinking Fountain, war memorial http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_8205.html

Tributories to the Pool Riverx

Addiscombe.Primary school, Cherry Orchard Pub, Glamorgan Pub, Addiscombe Railway Park, Freemasons’ Asylum, St.John’s Ambulance,Victory Works Oliver typewriters, Beverley Hall Scout HQ, Roman House Mansell Construction Co., East India College Gym, Co-op milk depot, Builders Arms, Gaybank Construction, New Moon Recording Studio, Leslie Arms, Croydon Tramlink, Addiscombe Station, Alma Tavern,train cleaning sheds, Turners Removal Co., Oval Tavern,Lake. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/10/thames-tributaries-norbury-brook.html

Addiscombe. Addiscombe tram stop, train tunnels, Ashburton Park, Library, Woodside Convent Orphanage,Claret Free House, Bingham Road Half, Blackhorse Lane Tramstop, Bridge, telephone exchange, pillar box, Black Horse Garage, Alma Tavern, Black Horse, Woodside Tunnel, Woodside Junction, http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_2357.html

Arena.  Arena Tram Stop, Croydon Racetrack, Golf Driving range, http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbournen-pool.html

Pool River. Tributory to River Ravensbourne

Birkbeck  Elmers End Bus Garage, Muirhead Works, Beckenham Cemetary, Elmers End Station, Birkbeck Station, South Norwood Country Park, Croydon UDC Sewage Works, Elmers End Moat. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_418.html

Penge – Beckenham. Crystal Palace Brickworks, Allotments, Cator Masonic Hall, Aldous and Stamp, water treatment engineers,  Dixon Glass, Avenue Road tram stop, Birkbeck Estate, Churchfields School, Council Depot, Churchfields Recreation Ground, Conservative Club, Nissan Dealer, Dashwood Engineering, Empire Works, Robin Hood pub, Dexter Works, roller skate factory, Penge UDC depot, Miracle Mills, Royston School, Royston Field, Penge Green Gym, The Anchor, Odeon Cinema, Moon and Stars, Kings Hall Electric Theatre, Londex Electrical Engineering Works, Harris Primary Academy, Maple Tree, Button Factory, Golden Lion, Lord Palmerston, Melvin Road National School, South Met. Tramways Depot, Royston Halls, Frank and Peggy Spencer School of Dance, The Hub  http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2017/04/penge-beckenham.html

Beckenham.  Beckenham Central School, Clockhouse Station, Beckenham Road Tram Stop, Penge Station, School of Art, Library, Sports Ground, The Spa, Chaffinch Bridge, Electricity Station, Beckenham Cottage Hospital, Clock House pub, Croydon Road Recreation Ground, bandstand, Woodbrook School, Riverside School, Kent House Station, Cyphers Bowling Club, Churchfield School. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_27.html

Chaffinch Brook.  Tributory to Pool River

Shirley.  Shirley Oaks BMI Hospital, Stroud Green Well, Stroud Green Pump, Shirley Oaks Children’s Home. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-chaffinch-brook.html

Arena.  Arena Tram Stop, Croydon Racetrack, Golf Driving range, http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbournen-pool.html

Penge – Beckenham. Crystal Palace Brickworks, Allotments, Cator Masonic Hall, Aldous and Stamp, water treatment engineers,  Dixon Glass, Avenue Road tram stop, Birkbeck Estate, Churchfields School, Council Depot, Churchfields Recreation Ground, Conservative Club, Nissan Dealer, Dashwood Engineering, Empire Works, Robin Hood pub, Dexter Works, roller skate factory, Penge UDC depot, Miracle Mills, Royston School, Royston Field, Penge Green Gym, The Anchor, Odeon Cinema, Moon and Stars, Kings Hall Electric Theatre, Londex Electrical Engineering Works, Harris Primary Academy, Maple Tree, Button Factory, Golden Lion, Lord Palmerston, Melvin Road National School, South Met. Tramways Depot, Royston Halls, Frank and Peggy Spencer School of Dance, The Hub  http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2017/04/penge-beckenham.html

Beckenham.  Beckenham Central School, Clockhouse Station, Beckenham Road Tram Stop, Penge Station, School of Art, Library, Sports Ground, The Spa, Chaffinch Bridge, Electricity Station, Beckenham Cottage Hospital, Clock House pub, Croydon Road Recreation Ground, bandstand, Woodbrook School, Riverside School, Kent House Station, Cyphers Bowling Club, Churchfield School. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_27.html

The Beck. Tributory to the Pool  River

Addington. Croydon Rugby Club, boundary ditches, The Wicket,  Cricketers Inn, smithy, Cricket Green.  http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-beck.html

Shirley. Roman Cemetery, The Goat, Spring Park School, golf course, tank traps, drinking fountain. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-beck_26.html

Monks Orchard. St David’s College,  Blake Recreation Ground, Oak Lodge Primary School, Wheatsheaf, Wickham Hall Stables, Mellins, Unigate, Bethlem Royal Hospital, Museum of the Mind, British Legio Club. Scout HQ, West Wickham Social Club, Wickham Hall, car park o possible mill site, forge,White Hart. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-beck_9544.html

Eden Park.  Beckenham Football Club, Unicorn Primary School, Wellcombe Research Labortories, Nature Reserve, Langley Park Boys School, Langley Park School for Girls, Eden Park Station. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-beck-eden-park.html

Kelsey Park.  Sandhills School, footbridge, Chinese garage, Kelsey Park School, Sports ground, Beckenham Maternity Hospital  http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-beck_5543.html

Beckenham.  BR Southern Region SE Divisional HQ, Local Board Offices, Public Hall, Fire Station, firemen’s houses, infants school, almshouses, Oakhill Tavern, Beckenham Theatre Centre, Coach and Horses, Law Notes Lending Library, forge, Jolly Woodman, Town Hall, Railway Hotel, Ye Olde George Inn, Slug and Lettuce, pump, Three Tuns, The Goose, Bricklayers Arms, Greyhound Inn, Drumonds, Chessington Tyres, Electricity showrooms, milestone, Odeon, Pavilion Cinema, police station, telephone exchange,Edward VIII pillar box, Manor Preparatory School, Beckenham Junction Station, war memorial, school. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-beck_27.html

 Beckenham.  Beckenham Central School, Clockhouse Station, Beckenham Road Tram Stop, Penge Station, School of Art, Library, Sports Ground, The Spa, Chaffinch Bridge, Electricity Station, Beckenham Cottage Hospital, Clock House pub, Croydon Road Recreation Ground, bandstand, Woodbrook School, Riverside School, Kent House Station, Cyphers Bowling Club, Churchfield School. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_27.html

Pool River. Met here by The Chaffinch and The Beck

New Beckenham.  New Beckenham Station, HSBC Sports Ground, Cater Park Secondary School, Level crossing. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_28.html

Bell Green, Adamsrill Primary School, Sydenham Green Health Centre, Livesey Memorial Hall, Gas Works, The Bell, The Old Bath House, horse trough, Haseltine Primary  School, Brittanic Sports Ground, Gardner Monument Works, horse trough, Sydenham Brewery, Lower Sydenham Station, Railway Tavern,Sydenham Library, Golden Lion, fire hydrant, Dolphin, Sydenham Childrens Hospital, Mid Kent brickworks, Baird TV, Dylon,Maybrey, Bromcom, Henderson Biomedical. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_1137.html

Bellingham.  Fellowship Inn, Sedgehill School, Lloyds Bank Cricket Club, Sydenham High School Sports Ground. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_4690.html

Perry Hill. Well, Kilmorie Road Primary School, Roger Manwood School, Library, Rutland Arms, fire hydrant, Two Brewers, horse trough, sewer vent, farm outbuilding, canal, Prince of Wales, Parkland Riverside walk, bridge. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_158.html

Bellingham. Mound, bridges, Roman Road, Catford Bus Garage, Old Mill, Police Station, Sports Ground, Rivers Centre,  Open air swimming pool, Bellingham Station, Fellowship Inn. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_4690.html

River Ravensbourne.  Met here by the Pool River.

Catford. Bridge. Catford Bridge Station, fire hydrant, ABC Cinema, Hippodrome, The Water Line, Bromley & Crays Co-op, Banks Athletic Club, Town Hall, Civic Suite, Lewisham Theatre, Pensive Girl, drinking fountain, Railway Tavern, Holbeach School, South Met. Gas Co. Lamppost, sewer vent, Catford Mill, Rising Sun, horse trough, London for Rye, Queens Hall Cinema, hand pump, Black Horse and Harrow, Timpsons, St.Dunstan’s College, Catford Station, Catford Ram. Bellingham. Mound, bridges, Roman Road, Catford Bus Garage, Old Mill, Police Station, Sports Ground, Rivers Centre,  Open air swimming pool, Bellingham Station, Fellowship Inn. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-pool_4690.html

Ladywell. Bridge, water tower, John Evelyn Education Centre, St.Olave Union Workshouse, Gordonbrock Primary School, sewer vent, Ladywell Fields, boundary marker, water main, Catford Greyhound Stadium, Holy Well, Ladywell Bridge, Ladywell Mill, Freemason’s Arms, J.Stone inspection cover, Ladywell Tavern, Coroners Court, Ladywell Baths, Ladywell Nature Reserve, Lewisham Fire Station, Tikitape House, Police Station, Wall letterbox, WW2 shelter sign, Coach and Horses, almshouses, Jolly Farmers, Doctors’ Quarters, Infirmary, fire hydrant, Lewisham Hospital, Lewisham Library, Lewisham workhouse, Emergency, Serendipity, Ladywell Unit, Registrar’s Office, Medical Centre Club Room, Riverside Wing, Schools, Crofton Leisure Centre, Crofton School, Ladywell Station, surgical dressings factory, The George, Grammar School for Girls, Job Centre, Plough and Harrow, drainage ditch. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/02/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-ladywell.html

Lewisham. Crown and Anchor, fire hydrant, Watergate Special School, Prendergast Hilly Fields School, Postbox, brickfields, Lewisham Bridge School, Francis Drake Bowling Club, Jerrards Timber yard, Rising Sun, post box, Thorne Offset, stable block, Ladywell Loop, sandstone quarry, Council depot. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-lewisham.html

River Quaggy. Tributory to the River Ravensbourne

Quaggy (with the Kydbrook)

Locksbottom. Black Horse, British Queen, Darrick Wood School, Tugmutton Green. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_8395.html

Farnborough. Darrick Wood Sports Centre, Darrick Wood Swimming Pool, Newstead Woods Girls School. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy.html

Crofton. Crofton Schools, Recreation Ground, Gumping Common. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_05.html

Crofton Heath .  Lennard Hospital. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_6406.html

Petts Wood. Sovereign of the Seas, Embassy Cinema, Petts Wood Station, Daylight Inn, Dunstonian Garage, Petts Wood Estate Office, Garden of Remembrance, Memorial Hall. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_46.html

Petts Wood. Edleman Memorial wood, De Gaulle WW2 home, Pett’s Wood. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_3989.html

Chiselhurst. Bromley High School for Girls, West Kent Golf Course, Jubilee Country Park, Old Chiselhurst Station, Chiselhurst Junction, Bickley Junction. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_7472.html

Chiselhurst.  Railway Bridge, Chalkpit woods,Chiselhurst Caves, Bickley Arms, horse trough, cricket ground, windmill, cockpit, forge, Ramblers Rest, Camden Place Club, Imperial Arms, Old Court House, samphire, dene hole, Chiselhurst Station, wall post box, water tower, Ravenshill Stables, lime kilns, brick kilns, chalk mine. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_5747.html

Bickley.  St.Hugh’s Playing Fields, Chalk mine, reservoir, Bullers Wood School, stables. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_2200.html

Elmstead Woods.  Elmstead Pit, Babington House School, Stables, Camden Park Mine, railway bridge, SIRA Institute, Elmstead Woods Station. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_2200.htm

Sundridge Park. Sundridge Park Golf Club, stables, ice house. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_7772.html

Elmstead. Chinbrook Meadows, pedestrian tunnel, Elmstead Woods Railway tunnels, Grove Park Cemetery, Grove Park Tavern, Marvels Playing fields, Chinbrook Pub, Chimbrook cottages nature reserve, Marvels Lane Primary School. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_1497.html

Mottingham. Grove Park Hospital, water tower . Eltham College, Mottingham Sports Ground, pump. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_9024.html

Mottingham. Mottingham Farm Fields, milestone, McIntyre Nature Reserve, Dutch House. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_9024.html

Eltham Common. Middle Park Stud Farm, Sutcliffe Park, Yorkshire Grey, horse trough, Eltham Gas Works, K2 telephone box, Middle Park Junior School, Eltham Green School, Descending Forms, Clifton’s Service Station. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_8808.html

Kidbrook streams.  Tributories to River Quaggy

Eltham Common. (Mid Kid Brook, Lower Kid Brook).War Dept. Boundary markers, reservoir, Nine Fields, mortuary, Lower Rochester Way, Kidbrooke School, Playing Fields, Hutments, Eltham Common, King George’s Fields, Brook Pub, Royal Ordnance Boundary markers, Brook Hospital, police station, Royal Herbert Military Hospital, Medical Officers Mess, parish boundary markers, Kent Water Works, Victorian letter box, Borough of Woolwich plate, concrete cylinder, Sherard tennis courts, Welcome Inn, water repumping station, Greenwich cemetery. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne.html

Kidbrooke.(Mid Kid Brook. Upper Kid Brook). Playing fields. Kidbrook Park Infants School.. Harvey’s Sports Ground, Fox Under the Hill, Royal Naval College Sports Ground, http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne.html

Kidbrooke (Lower Kid Brook). Nature reserve, barrage balloon HQ, Dover Patrol, Rochester Way, Holy Family Primary School. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-lower.html

Kidbrooke .(Mid Kid Brook. Upper Kid Brook).boundary stone, coach house, wall letter box, Upper Farm, Thomas Tallis School, wireless station, Morden college, burial ground, boundary markers, lodge,milestone, Christ’s College, cricket club, railway tunnel. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-kid_10.html

Blackheath.  (Upper Kidbrook). Barrows, golf club, Rugby football, gravel extraction, plaque to Cornish marchers, canal, roller skating rink, Blackheath Brewery, Livery Stables, Blackheath Station, signal boxes, fire brigade station, East Mill, Morden College Extension, Hare and Billett pond, Hare and Billett, windmill, Marr’s Ravine,Princess of Wales, Clarendon Hotel, Princess of Wales pond, horse trough, Zerodegrees, pond, Livery stables, boundry stones, milestone, Roman road, Folly pond, Heath Keepers House, Crown Pit, drinking fountain, boundary pillar, fire hydrant, west mill, village school, Blackheath Literary Institute,  Three Tuns, Crown Inn, Post Office, http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-upper.html

Quaggy tributary to the Ravensbourne.

Blackheath Park. (Mid Kid Brook, Lower Kid Brook). Boundary stones,  railway tunnel, Casterbridge Pond, Brooklands Primary School, Royal Flying Corps grounds, Burnred & Co., instruments, Scientific and Projections, POW camp, RAF Depot, Balloon Centre, David Lloyd Fitness Centre, John Roan Playing Field, Blackheath Wanderers,Kidbrooke Station, Wat Tyler,Quaggy Bridge, playing fields,Country Club Sports Ground. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-kid.html

Lee. (Mid Kid Brook, Upper Kid Brook) Lee Centre, Blackheath Art Club, Canal, Age Exchange Reminisence Centre,Railway Hotel, Alexandra Assembly Rooms, Lowne Electric Clock and Appliance Co., VR Post Box, Brandram Road Community Centre, Lychgate, Burndept Radio, School for the Sons and Orphans of Missionaries, Dacre Arms, Royal Oak, Church of England School, Greyhound, windmill, Quaggy Bridge,pool,Woodman, Swan, Picture Palace, Medical Centre, Old Tiger’s Head, Imperial Picture Palace, Police Station, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Arthur,  Boone’s almshouses,Colfe’s almshouses, horse trough, Merchant Tailor’s almshouses, property plaque, war time shelter sign, Blackheath Art School, Blackheath Conservertoire of Music, Bitter Experience, New Tiger’s Head, Lee Working Men’s Club, standpipe, Quaggy Bridge, Old Road, moat, Lee Public Library, Goldsmith’s Hall of Residence, brick wall. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne_7119.html

Tributory to the Quaggy from the south

Hither Green. Prefabs, Downham Estate, Downham Park and Woodland Walk, mound of hardcore, Hither Green Cemetery, Crematorium, Nature Reserve. https://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-tributary.html

 Hither Green.  South Met. Gas Co, lamppost, Pillar box and strip vending machine, Hither Green railway depot, well. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-tributary_10.html

Quaggy. Tributory to the Ravensbourne.

Hither Green.  Northbrook, Lee Station, coal yard, laundry, fire hydrant, pond, Lee Health Centre, Windmill,  Old Tiger’s Head, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Arthur, farm wall, Rainbird nursery, Quaggy bridge with date stone, Chiltonian biscuit factory, Manor Lane School, water main, flood prevention channel, Manor House Gardens, ice house, boundary stone, freight train spur, Globe Cinema, fire hydrant, Board of Works depot. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_10.html

Hither Green.  Hither Green Primary School,  stable loft, fire hydrant plate, VR Pillar Box, The Sir John Morden,Queesn Arms, Hansbury’s Free House, Ennersdale School, Holly Tree, plaque to the Macmillan sisters, Hither Green Hospital, Park Cinema, Hither Green Station, Subway, Chiltonian biscuits, Fox and Firkin, Metropolitan Drinking Fountain, Swimming baths, Lewisham Park, war memorial, Pitman’s College, St.Marys School, obelisk, steps, footbridge, Sir David Brewster, inspectistion cover, South Met. Gas lamppost, Blackheath New Proprietary School, Paladin Plastics, telephone boxes, Station Hotel, benchmark. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne-quaggy_15.html

River Ravensbourne

Lewisham.  Sacred Heart Convent, Quaggy Bridge, horse trough, disused railway bridge, telephone exchange, telephone box, Colfe’s School, Ravensbourne Bridge, High Pavement, Lewisham Station, Lewisham Bus Station, Mid-Kent Tavern, Lee Bridge, White Horse, Sultan, Rose of Lee, Plough, King’s Hall Cinema, Duke of Cambridge, Police Station, Joiners Arms, Yates Wine Lodge, White Hart, Watch House Green, Market Tavern, Watch House, Lewisham Library, Lewisham Electric Palace, Prince of Wales Cinema, temperance billiard hall, The Castle, Clock Tower, Conservative Club, fire hydrant, Lewisham Market, Library, Odeon, Plough Green, Bridge House Mill, Limes Hall, obelisk, Obelisk Cinema, The Angel, Gloucester Bewery, service tunnel. Ridgeway, Riverdale Mill, footbridge, column, Roebuck, Courthill Loop, St.Matthew’s Academy. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/tq-389-759-thames-tributary.html

Blackheath. Green Man,Whitfield’s Mount, Mount Pond, Roman Road,  chalk workings, air raid shelters, Horse and Groom, Blackheath Hill Station, boundary stone, Court Leet, Duke’s Head, underground passage,  Royal George, wellCaroline’s bath, almshouses, Hare and Billett Pub, Holly Hedge House TA, pump, mill, regimental memorial, drinking fountain, chalk pit, nurses home, fire hydrant, Anchor Brewery, fire station, estate office, St,Johns Hospital, the Point, Point Cavern, conduits, pump, Lewisham silk mills, boundary stone, railway arches, quarry. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/tq-388-764-thames-tributary.html

St.John’s.  Prince Alfred, Deals Gateway, Merritt & Hatcher Mercury, George and Dragon, White Swan, Royal Albert, Darwin Press, Berryman Printers, Penn’s Engineering Works, Somerset House Laundry, Central School for Boys, Blackheath Road Schools, Coach and Horses, Breakspears Building, Stephen Lawrence Building, Brook Mill, Kent Water Works, Sterling Building, Royal Dockyard Bakery, Carrngton House, Deptford Brewery, Brookmill Nature Reserve, Brookmill Park, well,  bridge, tollgate, Russell engineers, section house, pocket park, nurses home, Greenwich Central School, Ravensbourne Arms, Cranbrook, tidemill,Deptford Bridge, Battle of Deptford Bridge, Express Patent Shutter Works, market gardens, Norfolk Brewery, Holland’s Distillery, Furlong musical instruments, Deptford Playing Fields, Deptford Bridge Station, Centurion, Smith’s printers, Dover Castle, Burtons, Peppercorn’s Depository, Depford Odeon,Broadway Picture Palace,Lady Florence Hall, The Fountain,Semi-conductor arhives,  boundary marker, Bar, Bridge House marker,  Lewisham College, mural, Guildford Arms, Roan Girls School, brick field,railway embankment, Elverson Road station, Gilbeys’printing ink, Crown and Sceptre, Royal Kent Dispesary, Miller House, Miller Hospital,Melanie Klein House, Millers Pub,The forge, Deptford Telephone Exchange, Memorial  Gardems,  Albertines, Lewisham College of Further Education, Lewisham Road Station, Lee chalk extraction and lime burner, British Telecom Service Tunnel,Angel,Lucas Road School,Crown Cinema, Star and Garter, Little Crown,Broadway Theatre, Addey & Stanhope School,railway bridge,sandstone cliff,St.John’s School, St.John’s Station, Tanners Hill School, Witcombe Cycles,Deptford Municipal Offices, Palace Cinema,Royal George,Royal Standard, Crystal Palace Tavern, railway bridge, air road shelter, Talbot,sarcophagus. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne_15.html

Deptford Creek.  Deptford Medical Union, drinking fountain, horse trough, Ashburnham Arms, Roman Eagle, granary, copperas works, Agricultural Manure Co, Lower Pottery, Ford, Wheen’s soap,, Lawes Works, Creek Bridge, Noah’s Oak, Harp of Erin, Creek Rail Bridge, Hoy Inn, Francs and White depot, Postman’s Office, Albany Institute,South East London College,  Rachel MacMillann College,Hoy Inn Stairs, cattle trough, The Duke, Deptford Chemical  Works,Laban, Greenwich Railway Gas Co. Ecology Centre, CrownWharf, Lo e over sold, Art in Pepetuity, Medina Refiery, Council Depot, Deptford Bridewll, Sue Godfrey Nature Reerve, gravel pits,Gibs and Canning Pottery, drinking fountain, underground passage, Trinty Hospital, Birds Nest Theare, Royal Eagle, railway viaduct,   Trinity House, Trinity Hall, Deptford Arms, Job Centre, St,Paul’s House,  Mechanics Arms, Royal Oak, Windsor Castle, Pilot,  Deptford Electric Palace Cinema,White Swan, Anchor, sewer vent, Bluecoat School, Deptford Station, Railway arches, inclined plane, fire hydrant,signal box, Hills & Son tallow, fire hydrant, fairground, Deptford Market, Women’s Centre, Tidemill School, Wavelengths Leisure Centre, Hope House, Greenwich Inn, Hope House, Merryweathers Fire Engine Works, North Pole, Mumford’s Granary, Rose of Denmark, Davy Winebar,West Greenwich House, Lovibond’s Brewery, Blue Stile,LESC buiding, Perkins Toys, almshouses,Rose  and Crown, watch house, Guilford Arms,Bell, Princess Louise Institute, Hughes Fields Primary School, Duke of Wellington, McMillans, Armada Hall,Mcmillan Herb Garden, wheelwrights, Peter the Great statue,globe, Osborne Arms, Navy Arms, Nasemell, Deptford Sewage Pumping Station, Gas holder station, Brewery Wharf, Phoenix Wharf,  Dowells Wharf, Raensbourne Gas Works, Kent Wharf, Dog and Bell, Covoys, Greycoat Boy, Macmillan Nursery School, Thanet Wharf, General Steam,  Deptford Power Station, shipbuilders, Granoplast Wharf, Dreadnought Wharf. http://edithsstreets.blogspot.com/2010/03/thames-tributary-ravensbourne_16.html