this post has not been edited, checked or finished

Belmont Road

Grooms Bakery. Founded by Louis Groom in 1886. Opened here in 1906. Extended 1925.  Merged to form the British Bakeries conglomerate in 1955. British Bakeries.  Taken over by Rank Hovis McDougall 1957. New buildings 1960

Bursted Wood

Large open space, with a grassed area to the north and woodland-mainly sweet chestnut and oak - to the south.


Popular posts from this blog

Bromley by Bow

South Norwood

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town