This post has not been finished, edited or checked
Chapel Farm Road
Coldharbour Leisure Centre.
Developed on the site of Coldharbour
Farm. Built by the
Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich. Begun
in 1948, with a garden-suburb layout around Wynford Way, and a later quite
ambitious Shopping Centre with a seven-storey block of flats and a community
centre of 1961. Opened by Aneurin Bevan and the Queen Mother unveiled a plaque
when it was finished. It is cut in two by a major road, William Barefoot Drive,
where the small shopping centre is located. The estate was planned as a 'garden
suburb', and there are many greens. From the open space at The
Course there is a view towards Eltham and Shooters Hill,
Side of Edscers Nursery
Kingsley Wood Drive
Glenwood, is old golf club
St.Olave's school private
75 & 94, also once
schools Belmont and New Eltham Golf club,
Charldane and Felthampton roads on the course Theobald's Cottages
Ground. Sports field surrounded by grass
with a tiny steam on the edges. Elm
scrub but there is a damp patch and mature oaks.
Site of Coldharbour Farm
which is on maps of 1759 and was
part of Eltham Great Park. Woolwich Council bought 155 acres from the Crown
Commissioners in 1946.
William Barefoot Drive
Barefoot was a previous Mayor of
Greenacres Primary School with a
language impairment unit.
Beginnings of Coldharbour