This post is not finished it has not been edited or checked
Post to the west not done
Roxteth Farmhouse. Further on the edge of playing fields and still with a rural air, early 18th front, weatherboarded, with five sash-windows; one later bay.
Cunningham House. 1975 by Green, Lloyd & Adams for the Harrow Building Society
Baptist Church, stock brick 1862 and 1872. In other use.
Byron Hill House, extensions of 1887 for J. T. Prior are now surrounded by new development,
60-66 1887 E.S.Prior. a row of cottages with quirky porches and tilehanging alternating with roughcast.
Cottages - plain earlier 19th and villas further down the hill underline how much the vernacular revival of 60-66 was a conscious reaction against the immediate past
John Lyon School. Dominates. It was established to serve the local needs no longer fulfilled by the older foundation. The original building of 1876 by H. M. Burton, later buildings by Sheppard Robson & Partners, 1973, 1981, 1989.
Red House. Occupied by John Lyon School. Back addition of 1883-5 by E. S. Prior for his brother John T. Prior.
Means spring where the rocks drain
231 John Lyon