This post is not finished it has not been edited or checked
Post to the west South Harrow
Post to the north Harrow Roxteth
Post to the east Sudbury Hill
Rooks Heath High School
Roxteth Manor Schools
Harrow School Laundry E. S. Prior 1887-8, the superintendent's house
with workers' dining hall below. Mount Park Road
Estate, where 'sites for residences that cannot be
surpassed in any of the southern counties' were being advertised already in
The remains of the older settlement
replaced by offices near South Harrow station. Miscellaneous
development replacing c 19 artisan housing,
British Legion HQ. 1928
by S. Pointon Taylor, .
Grange Farm housing by Harrow Architect's Department completed 1968, built on an industrialized
Began as a
separate hamlet, for which a church and school
were supplied in the mid c19
Christ church, 1862
Vicarage, now a nurses' home
and much altered, is by George Peto, 1884-6
Northolt Road Junction was north of South Harrow Station on the London side of the bridge
over the Harrow/Northolt road. Here the
District Line from Sudbury met the Metropolitan Railway’s Uxbridge Line.
South Hill Avenue
South Hill Estate. Pointon Taylor and Raymond Unwin. 1910.
South Harrow Station. 28th June 1903. Between Rayners Lane and Sudbury Hill on the
Piccadilly Line. Built as part of the Metropolitan District Railway Electric
service from Ealing. The Entrance was on the main road. The area is really
called Roxteth but the railway thought ‘South Harrow’ sounded posher. The original station building was located
south of the existing station and was accessed from South Hill Avenue. It was
similar to the building at North Ealing and remains, adjacent to the eastbound
platform, in the car park on the north side of the tracks. In 1935 a new station was opened accessed from Northolt Road. This was
designed by Holden as a graduated structure stepping up on each side to the
platforms of the high level tracks. The brick walls and bands of horizontal
glazing are capped with a series of flat concrete slabs
Sidings for the gas company north of Northolt
Road. Coal train daily for the gas works.
Harrow District Gas co. works north of the station.
Opened in 1855 and got their coal from the canal wharf at Greenford
Green. After 1904 it came via the railway.
Orley Farm School
Weldon Park Schools