This post is not finished it has not been edited or checked
Planned estates with large detached arts and crafts houses. A few large houses appear between the shrubberies.
Newlands built as a boarding house for Harrow School in 1889 by W. C. Marshall, brother of a housemaster,
Folly. Among trees, the ruinous remains of a Gothick Folly which stood in the grounds of the Park
Julian Hill leads to the house of the same name built for Anthony Trollope's father in 1817: two storeys, Model for Orley Farm by Trollope
Julian Way, formerly Julian Cottage, c.1905 by Arnold Mitchell, London Road
Tollgate Cottage low Gothick
Mount Park Road
Henry de Bono Austin. Estate of large planned middle class housing. Bankrupt in 1872. Train link with Met. 1879 and drains from 1880s Wood family took it over and changed the pattern. Norman Shaw influence
Oakhurst, Purcell School, in large grounds, with additions by A. Mitchell of 1895 plans for additions by Edward Cullinan & Partners under discussion in 1990.
Bermuda House. former billiard room added in 1889 by E. S. Prior converted to a separate house in 1985, with new front door. The house itself has been replaced by flats.
Hospital in Roxteth Road
The pines now shelter neo-Georgian villas of the 1970s-80s.
St Dominic’s College
Called after Trollope book describing his family home in Julian’s Hill in South Harrow.
Near Morley Farm School is the part of the estate developed in the early 20th. It was planned on garden suburb principles by S. Pointon- Taylor in consultation with Raymond Unwin, preserving plenty of old trees
Tollgate which marks the boundary of the estate
This was Roxteth Common 1803. Planned estates with large detached arts and crafts houses. Arnold Mitchell. Architect. .
Clementine Churchill Hospital
Armstrongs a former coach house;
The Orchard. inscribed 'domus Mitchellorum aedificat AD MDCCCC Arnoldus'. Ironwork by the Bromsgrove Guild, the gate a copy of the original, moved by Mitchell to Lyme Regis when he retired.
White Cottage. Low, built for a musician, Arnold Bussweiler, in 1908
Chapel. set back in the grounds of the former convent of the Little Company of Mary, is of 1905-6 by Giles Gilbert Scott, incorporating details, roofs, doorways, and windows, from its predecessor of 1901-2 by Thomas Garner.
Chasewood Park. Replaces the older convent buildings. A large, free-standing block of flats, 1987-8 by Phippen, Randall & Parkes.