This post is not finished, checked or edited
Post to the north Golders Green
Church Walk House, old vicarage. By Bury,
Child's Hill was an old settlement connected to Cricklewood by Cricklewood Lane, but now has nothing older than the mid c19. Name may refer to a resident ‘Richard Child’ from 1321. Ownership of the manor was disputed between Hendon and Hampstead – but it ended up in Hampstead. Child’s Hill. 17th route north
Childs Hill tollhouse site
Brick and tile making in the 19th and then a laundry centre for posh people in Hampstead. One laundry used as a chapel.
St.Mary’s church 1856.
All Saints Church. 1850s for a new parish, but rebuilt in 1952 after a fire. . Hidden away between Finchley Road and Cricklewood Lane. The original ragstone church was of 1853-6, by Thomas Talbot Bury, the first new church for the southern part of the parish of Hendon.
St Peter, Small, plain building It replaced a late c19 church by T. H. Watson.
Church Hall of St.Peter. Attractive Arts and Crafts 1910, from which some lessons might have been learned.
St Agnes (R.C.) 1930 by T. H. B. Scott.
Crown Terrace standard bay-windowed terrace houses of c.1900, but, unusually, raised up so that the front doors are reached from a railed terrace over the roofs of the shops below.
134, a former Community Hall of 1920-1 for the local railway workers and others -see foundation stones.
Cricklewood Tavern contemporary pub, three storeys, the ground floor smartened up in the later c19 by elaborate green glazed tiles.
Child’s Hill Primary School. Hendon Board School 1901. One of four Board schools opened by Hendon in 1901. Two-storeyed; sparing terracotta trim.
Golders Green estate
Laing laid out the racetrack-shaped estate in the south-west corner of the district.. Cricklewood aerodrome had occupied the site from 1916 to 1930.
Area in which council housing was built in 1960s after the council had used powers to get industry out of the road and moved around the North Circular.
Child’s Hill Park
Most expensive part of the area
Vernon Court Plaque to Amy Johnson 1903-1941saying 'Aviator lived her