Harefield Moor and Marina
This post has not been finished, checked or edited
Dewe's farm sandpits
Harefield Marina on the east of the
Farm chapel, early 13th brick chapel belonging to Hospitallers of St John. Had fallen down. The oldest building in the parish. Dating from the early 13th , two-story building of flint rubble, restored with brick in the 17th and later. The north wall has a 13th doorway at each level, After the Dissolution it was a cattle shed, and a granary. In 1926 the Newdegates sold it and some land to the Uxbridge Rural District Council who leased the building in 1927 to the vicar and churchwardens; they repaired it for use as a mission room and Sunday school. In 1953 the roof fell in: it was not repaired
Moorhall House, a two story building, converted into three cottages, burned down in 1922.
Moorhall Dell contains the word dell -hollow' probably a disused gravel or sand pit.
Widewater centre H
Harefield Pit. area of water adjoining Moorhall Road called No. 1 . The original owners were Rose and Co, and later John Morgan and Co. The lake was quite small then, but began to grow larger as the ballast was extracted. Ballast was brought by a large flat bottom barge to the entrance at Moorhall Road and taken away. Machinery was erected on the site that the present modern plant occupies and the lake then began to grow quite large. The land was cut in irregular pattern, trees were left uncut, bushes and shrubbery grew. Old barges were brought in for destruction and sunk and back filing on a large scale took place.