Wembley Central Station
This post is not finished it has not been edited or checked
Post to the north Wembley Park GEC Works
Post to the west not done
Post to the east Wembley Stadium
Post to the south Wembley Lyon Park
St John the Evangelist
Lyons Farm Birthplace of Harrow School founder
Moot site of Hundred of Gore 1000 yards NE of Lyons farm
397 JJ Moon's
Wembley Central Station. 1844 Between Stonebridge Park and NorthWembley on the Bakerloo Line and London Overground into Euston. London and Birmingham Railway opened as ‘Sudbury’. 1882 renamed ‘Sudbury and Wembley’. 1910 renamed ‘Wembley for Sudbury’. 1917 Bakerloo Line opened. 1936 rebuilt to make it suitable to take large crowds. 1948 renamed ‘Wembley Central’ for the Olympic Games. Station entrance became part of shopping arcade.
King Edward VII Park
The Lodge, A sign directs walkers through the delightful grounds to Wembley Park station. Incredibly this lodge still exists, incorporated into a modern house at the busy junction of Wembley Park Drive, Park Lane and Wembley Hill Road
Tokyngton chapel to the south of it
Wembley – ‘'Wemba's green or wood' – ‘Wemba Lea’ 825, 1249, Wembele 1282, 1387, Wembley 1535.
Wembley Stadium Station. 1st March 1903. Between Sudbury and Harrow Road and Marylebone on Chiltern Railways. Opened On Great Central Railway as Wembley Hill. 1978 renamed Wembley Complex. 1987 renamed Wembley Stadium. GCR station of 1903, unchanged
Green Man tavern and tea gardens
Garden Suburb Sir Audrey Neeld’s garden city devleopment. And Oliver Hill designed houses 1934 development with British Empire Exhibition
Some housing built before the First World War on the western part of the site owned by the Metropolitan Railway.