Harefield - Brackenbury

    This post has not been finished, checked or edited

Post to the west Denham and Dewe's Farm

Post to the north Bayhurst Wood

Post to the east Ruislip  Breakspears Arms

Post to the south Harefield Harvil Road

Harvil Road
Dews  Farm Sandpits. Managed as a nature reserve.
Highways House Farm
Barn
Brackenbury Farmhouse, barn 16th . Moat right round the house. Moat 350 yards SE of  the farm

New Years Green
So called on Rocque's map 1754 and appearing as New Years Green on the Ordnance Survey map of 1822. Possibly a reference to festivities once held here on New Year's Day, but perhaps more likely to be from the surname of some local family - the area is referred to as ‘Newes’ in 1699, which suggests a manorial name.
Much of the area is a dump – recycling centre,  waste transfer station and breakers yard. 
New Years Green farm 17th

South Harefield Halt 1928-193124th September 1928. Great Western and Great Central Joint Railway. West side of Harefield Road Bridge. Originally called ‘Harefield Halt’. 1929 name changed.  1931 closed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone