This post is not finished it has not been edited or checked
Queensbury Station. 16th December 1934. Between Stanmore and Queensbury on the Jubilee Line. Opened on the Metropolitan Line station and called Queensbury for a very simple reason - a station called Kingsbury had been opened two years before and this was the next on the line! It had an entrance hall, shops, flats, etc. It was probably the last Metropolitan designed station. It was built on land given free by All Souls College who wanted it called Kingsbury Downs. It originally served Stag Lane Aerodrome but a lot of houses were built in the area once it was known the railway would be built. It was originally a halt but within two years, by 1936, it was rebuilt as a proper station by LTPB. There was a new entrance between a tobacconist and a barber to Neo-Georgian flats built by John Laing. It was Kingsbury but on a grander scale.. It had a ticket office with steel windows and glazed black tiles while the rest was unglazed terracotta. The stairs have bronze handrails. In 1939 it became part of the Bakerloo Line. In 1970s the last remnants of the wooden halt were still there on the platforms. In 1979 it became part of the Jubilee Line
Border of Harrow and Kingsbury sticky clay of Middlesex . This was a tree lined lane until 1935 when it became a dual carriageway arterial road.