This post is not finished it is not edited or checked
Better shops and offices
Offices. Two anonymous 16 storey blocks by the station at New Malden. Flanked by five-storey car parks from the period of the office boom on the edge of London. They are by Martin Richmond of Planning & Development Ltd, 1963-8.
Big houses built in the 19th but mostly converted to offices in 20th
Offices by Owen Luder Partnership c. 1974.
One of a number of Groves named after trees and built in the 1890s.
Christ Church School, long saga of rows
Grew up as a separate town from Kingston in the 19th and increased with the arrival of the railway. Has a large Korean population and also people from Sri Lanka.
New Malden High Street
New Malden Station. 1846. Built as Malden Station on the main line and the name altered to Coombe and Malden in 1859. Later the junction for the line to Kingston in 1869 when it had new platforms.
Malden Civic Buildings, demolished. Only the former public office facade of this municipal grouping of c.1905 survives, now forming an elevation to a supermarket. Other parts including a fire station, mortuary, and stables all built in matching 'Queen Anne style to the designs of W H Hope, were demolished in the 1970s.
Fire Station. The only notable contribution is the quite lively former of c. 1900.
Junction of the Kingston and Wimbledon Railway joined the LSWR main line and opened 1st January 1869.