Bushy Park

     This post is not finished it is not edited or checked


One of three parks enclosed by Wolsey and given to Henry VIII

Plaque to shoemaker who got a free way through the park, T.Bennett

Lodge, 1941/5 HQ of US forces, Eisenhower & Joe Lewis, owned by Knights of St.John & bought by Wolsey, became part of the royal hunting park, public allowed in in 1547, chestnut trees laid out by Wren

Artificial ponds, Heron and Leg of Mutton

Clock House, orangery

Rotunda, Brew House


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town