The London Surrey Boundary - West Molesey
Post to the west Bessborough reservoir
Post to the north Hampton and West Molesey and Platts Eyot
Post to the east East Molesey
Post to the south Island Barn Reservoir
South of the river - Surrey, Elmbridge
Homes of Physically Handicapped. 1967
Youth Centre – ex fire-station, ex-school
Hurst Road/ Cherry Orchard Road junction
VR post box
Walton Road/ Avern Road junction
Molesey Stone. East and West Molesey are traditionally divided by the Molesey Stone - it is located on the grass outside Molesey Library on Walton Road. It is marked ‘EM’ and ‘WM’. ‘Erected in 1865, on the last occasion of the perambulation of the parish bounds’. During road works some years ago, the stone was re-erected about twenty yards westward of the true boundary.
St.Peter’s Church. There has been a church here probably before Domesday. The present church was built in 1820 in a hideous yellow brick. The tower dates from about 1440 and may originally have been a watchtower. The Parish may have been a holding of St Peter’s Priory in Chertsey, and later became a Chapel of Ease to the Parish of Walton. It was originally dedicated to St Margaret, but in the 1920s it was rededicated to St Peter. It still has its 15th font, a Jacobean pulpit with a sounding-board, memorials: Admiral Cranfield Berkeley 1818; J. W. Croker 1857, the statesman, who is said to have coined the term 'conservative'.
412 Walton Road Stadium, site of The Priory. Adjacent to The Grange, now occupied by Molesey Football Club. In May 1785 this estate was the venue for one of the earliest balloon flights in England. James Sadler, went up with William Wyndham MP, in a flight which ended in the Thames estuary. In 1845 it became a candle factory for Messrs Field. The house was demolished in the 1930s.
This material has been gathered over many years and from many sources