The London - Surrey boundary. Rushett Common
Boundary of London/Kingston/Surrey goes northwards up the eastern edge of Prince’s Coverts and crosses Fairoaks Lane.
Post to the north Claygate Common
Post to the south Rushett Common
Sites on the London, Kingston side of the border
Leatherhead Air Services ran from here, and there were plans of turning it into a proper airfield. Chapman, the owner, bought three First World War surplus Avro 504K aeroplanes and a de Havilland DH 6 and a short flight cost a guinea. A hangar had come from Brooklands, and the first flight took place before the first at Croydon. The three Avros crashed separately, one injuring Chapman, and the business collapsed in 1922.. Byhurst Farm was bought by Prewett's Dairies and then by the Crown Estates commissioners in 1939
Sites on the Surrey, Elmbridge ide of the border
A site of national importance and very biologically diverse
Old Carpenters Plantation
an area of 864 acres of woodland owned and managed by The Crown Estate. It is open to the public with a key on which there is a deposit. The area is named after Prince Leopold of Belgium who lived at nearby Claremont Park. He acquired the common land now called Prince’s Coverts as a shooting estate. After he died the estate was purchased by the Crown.