River Lee - Nazeing Meads
The River Lee and the River Lee Navigation flow south, and are joined by the River Lynch from the west
Post to the north Dobbs Weir
Post to the south Nazeing meads
Post to the west Broxbourne
Scattered caravans and houses on riverside locations
Carthegena FisheryBrooke Lake. Thought to be one of the oldest gravel pits in Hertfordshire, and once known as Heartbreak Pit. It is five acres and stocked with carp
Dobbs Weir Lock.
Dobbs Weir Lock was originally built in its present position in 1767 in Brick and timber and rebuilt in 1922
Dobbs Weir Lock House. A house was provided for the lock keeper and his family on a site between the weir and the lock in the 1860s and this was in place by the 1880s. This house subsided to a point it was 13” lower at the back than the front. A new house, built partly with bricks from a burnt-out lock house at Aqueduct Lock, was completed at the end of 1976.
Broxbourne Sailing Club
Nazeing Mead Lakes.
Nazeing Meads has three large lagoons – two covering the area of this square. They are used by sailing and fishing clubs.
River Lee Flood Relief Channel
Built between 1947 and 1976, in this section it flows through the lagoons of Nazeing Meads.
River Lee Navigation
The navigation and various cuts on the Lee were built from 1766 onwards
The Lynch flows from The Lynch and its pond in an easterly direction and then turns in a southerly direction along a straightened channel which once formed the prior western boundary of the caravan park, before joining the a loop of the original River Lee
Sand and Gravel Works
The Greenwich Meridian passes through this area on the extreme west of the section. Running parallel and west of the River Lynch, and the sand and gravel works, and crossing the old course of the Lee as it turns westwards