Parndon Brook - Great Parndon
The Brook flows north west towards the Stort
Post to the west Old House Lane
Post to the north Hare Street
Cock Green. Also called Parndon Green, there was a settlement here by the 18th
The Cock. The pub was first noted in 1687. It is a timber-framed 17ty building with the front covered in 19th brick,
Great Parndon is an ancient parish, but the civil parish of Great Parndon was abolished in 1955 and most became part of Harlow.
St.Mary the Virgin. The church is on high ground with walls of flint rubble. A united Anglican/Methodist Church in a traditional church building and linked with St.James. A church has been on site from the 12th but this building is 15th. The north transept was built in 1913 as a memorial to Edward VII. The timber-framed porch was built in 1975 to replace an 18th stone porch, 2011. There is a tower with six bells one of which was first cast in 1613 and is inscribed "Praise the Lord". There is a Victorian transept and poppy head benches.
Catherine’s House. This stands south of the church and is 17th with a painted wooden ceiling c.1400 at the eastern end. This was the manor of Katherine’s dating from the 13th which in 1318 was settled on Katherine Winchester and subsequently passed through many other owners and lessees. In 1959 it passed to the Harlow development corporation. The house has a two storeyed medieval cross wing with 17th and 18th additions and rebuilding.
Jerounds Community Junior School, the school is a successor to a 19th church school.
Three Horseshoes Road
The Three Horseshoes. First noted in 1755. The buildings are 18th
Rectory was east of the church and was a Tudor brick building with an oak frame. In 1913 the rector moved and it was renamed the Priory. It was damaged by a rocket bomb and demolished
Rectory built 1970.