Gorhambury House

Mansion. This was rebuilt in 1770. it included fine paintings, Chippendale furniture, fireplaces, enamelled glass, etc. 

Bacon’s house survives in part as a ruin in the grounds. With the entrance hall and windows above. Built by Sir Nicholas Bacon, the first Earl, and father of Sir Frances.

Oaks in the park – one associated with Elizabeth.

The drive is part of  old Watling Street. 


Popular posts from this blog

Bromley by Bow

South Norwood

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town