Hump back bridge over the New River, north east side part buried marker ‘NR’
St.Laurence, at the end of an oak avenue, Norman font, memorials
Manor House, 17th split into two cottages
Old Star. Tarted up as a theme pub
Coal post north side by the level crossing on the east side of the railway
Modern Pillbox standing on the W bank of the New River at Wormley. Line of 19 anti-tank obstacles stretch north from the pillbox.
Post Medieval City of London coal
duty marker, Wormley.
Modern Site of pillbox at junction of Slipe Lane and High Road. Demolished shortly after war as it was a traffic hazard.
Medieval Wormley village. Shrunken medieval village, probabaly dates from 14th-16th C.
Modern Site of anti-tank blocks, believed to have been located on N side of Slipe Lane, nowdemolished.
Modern Pillbox and associated anti-tank obstacles, Slipe Lane railway crossing.
Post Medieval City of London coal duty marker, Slipe Lane, Wormley.
Iron Age Quarter gold stater, found at Wormley.
Medieval Site of aqueduct, built 1220, to transport water to Abbey and town of Waltham fromsprings in Wormley. In 1907 part of a wooden conduit unearthed.
Medieval Site of priory cell for Augustinian canons at Wormley. Founded c.1260-80, but ossibly earlier. Ceased to exist c.1510.
Medieval Three holy wells or springs from which water conveyed through a tank and conduitto Waltham Abbey. Two adjacent to A10, possibly at Springs House (TL3653 0538)or possibly Small Wells (TL 3655 0454).