Shuttle - tributory to Cray and Darent. Upton
The Shuttle continues to flow towards the Cray,east and north
Post to the south Brigden
Post to the east Bexley
A crescent of mock-Tudor houses, mainly semi-detached, 1930s. The original design for the pairs included a shared gabled and projecting frontispiece with half-timbering above an open porch, and ground floor oriel windows on either side.
Brigden Gasworks. Private gasworks 1840-1870s. Supply to Brigden Place. No remains.
The first houses in were built on the west side in c1852.
9/15 round-xheaded windows reaching down to near ground level
Royal Oak or Polly Cleanstairs. Old-established pub, Weather boarded appearance probably built 1863. There was a building on the site by 1800, and it has been a pub since c1827. Polly was the landlord's wife, Mary Ann Elms. Built along with some cottages and opened in 1837 as The Woodman and renamed as Royal Oak in 1851. Bought by Fox of Farnborough in 1854 and from 1851 Beasleysl
Bexleyheath Golf Club
Robin Hood Lane
An old lane, which retains considerable atmosphere as it winds steeply down from Lion Road to Upton Road.
Townley Grammar School for Girls. This is ex Bexleyheath Girls Technical School. Performing arts block, science and indoor sports. Austere 1930s school building. Underground labyrinth for natural summer cooling. Studio E Architects.
Burial mounds. Mounds have been discovered which date from the Bronze Age.