(TQ 441 728)
The Wyncham Stream is a tributary to the River Shuttle, which is a tributary to the Cray, which is a tributary to Darent, itself a Thames Tributary
The Stream flows north through the area.
Post to the north New Eltham
Post to the south Kemnal Manor
Bercta Road, New Eltham
Junction Gardens were shortened when the road was widened in the early 1930s.
All Saints Church. A red brick church built in 1898 by Peter Dollar. A chancel was added on by Thomas Ford in 1931 before that it had a ‘tin’ chancel and a wooden structure for the bell. The roof was bombed in 1944. It became a parish church in 1929. Inside are stained glass and a statue by Caroline Benyon.
Church hall. The foundation stone was laid by Mrs. Latter of Southend Hall and the hall opened by Lady Kemnal.
Part of Maidstone/Dover Road until 1923. 1781 Turnpike trust, New Cross Trust;
487-472 Grange, early Victorian. Right hand section 1850. West of it buildings of Clay farm.
New Eltham Library. October 1931. Railing went for the Scout HQ old coach house for Belmont Lodge, which was on the site of Barclays Bank and was where the doctor lived.
494 Milestone outside
Methodist Church, 1903 but church built 1958 and Youth and Community centre 1967.
The mainly 20th century development of New Eltham, marked thus on the Ordnance Survey map of 1905, was formerly called Pope Street as on the earlier map of 1805, no doubt -hamlet associated with a family called Pope'.
Sidcup Road A20
Crossways Hotel. protests from residents when built. Has become a Burger King.
Jack Nicklaus Golf Centre – World of Golf
Milestone at County Gate
A small stream 3.5 miles long.