Thames Tributary - Honeypot Stream flowing to Darent. Kemsing
The stream flows west to join the Darent south of Otford
Post to the west Noah's Ark
Post to the east Kemsing
Kemsing Station. 1874 opened. A quiet station. The Sevenoaks, Maidstone & Tunbridge Railway opened the single-track branch between Otford and Maidstone on 1st June 1874, with, at the eastern end of the ‘’up’’ platform, a single-storey brick-built waiting shelter, with a backward-sloping roof. The ‘’down’’ platform’s waiting accommodation was an enclosed and glazed timber shelter. There was a signal box with a Saxby & Farmer cabin beyond the western end of the ‘’down’’ platform. The goods facilities were unusually large for a station of its size. There were six sidings on the ‘’up’’ side, to the west of the platforms. One line passed through goods shed. Under the Southern Railway the Otford to Maidstone East extension was electrified on 2nd July 1939 and a prefabricated concrete footbridge was installed at the eastern extremities of the platforms, replacing the existing track foot crossing. Under British Railways the goods yard were closed on 31st October 1960. Preceding these platforms was lengthened with prefabricated concrete. Around 1986, Kemsing lost its waiting accommodation which was replaced by even smaller rectangular bus shelter-style structures. However the station still retains an original feature - the wrought-iron fencing which lines the outer edges of the platforms.
Stonepitts Manor. Records for the estate date back to the late 15th Rag stone extraction site gave the manor its name.
Chaucer Business Park. Built on the area of the station sidings. Originally part of a claypit thought to have been the source of materials for Roman bricks and tiles.
Railway bridge – the road under it was lowered in 1985 to get vehicles into the business park.