Thames Tributary River Roding - Kelvendon
The Roding continues to flow south and west and is met by two tributaries from the south east
Post to the north Ongar
Post to the east Kelvedon Hatch
Post to the west Stanford Rivers
Post to the south Kelvedon Hatch
St.Nicholas. not used and neglected. This former parish church is in the grounds of the Hall. There was a medieval church here but there was a complete rebuilding in red brick in the 1750s. The font and a 15th bell have been preserved and some floor slabs were left in place. The church was replac
ed on a different site in the 1890s and the old church, was damaged by a German bomb in 1945.
Kelvedon Hall. House built 1743 For John Wright and rebuilt in the 1930s by Lord Gerald Wellesley and Trenwith Wells. The date on Rain water heads, is 1740-1725. It is red brick, with pavilions on each side, of which one is an oratory, linked with curved walls. Inside is a chapel since the Wrights were Roman Catholic. There is a Lodge, the stable block, orangery and garden walls
Littlebury Mill. There was a mill at Littlebury in 1260and by the 18th this was a water-mill. The current building is 19th weather-boarded on a brick base. In 1946 it was converted to electric power.
Mill Stream – this was filled in during 1952
Langford Bridge Farm
Park WoodThis is an ancient wood with hornbeam coppice with oak, ash and sweet chestnut.