Thames Tributary – tributary to the River Roding
The tributary flows south east
Post to the north Mutton Row
Post to the west Stanford Rivers
Post to the east Stanford Rivers
Post to the south Stanford Rivers
St.Margaret. The church dates from 1150 with walls of flint and rubble. The chancel is 14th and there is a leaded broach spire. There is a 1492 chrisom brass. The original dedication was to St. Margaret of Antioch but there is a window to St Margaret of Scotland
Churchyard. The composer of "Run Rabbit Run" and "The Lambeth Walk" is buried here under his real name, Reginald Moxon Armitage.
Stanford Rivers Hall. 18th house with a square red brick front. Could be older.
Stanford Rivers Farmhouse. 17th house, timber framed with brick front. Barn dated 1752 timber framed and weather boarded. Granary from the 18th timber framed and weather boarded on brick piers and steddle stones. Stable 1800 timber framed and weather boarded.
Stanford Rivers cottages