Thames Tributary – Tributary to the River Roding - Theydon Mount
The tributary flows south towards the Roding
Post to the west Hill Hall
Post to the north Beachet Wood
Post to the east Stapleford Tawney
Post to the south Shales More
Shown as Brick Kiln Hill – a brick works stood near the church in the 19th and is now a scheduled ancient monument.
St.Michael. the original church was destroyed by lightning and rebuilt in 1611. It is a small building, on a small hill and in the grounds of Hill Hall. In about 1800 the park was extended and the church was brought within the park, but it was fenced off from it in the early 1950s. There are any impressive monuments to the Smith family and some glass brought here from Hill Hall.
Old rectory demolished 1950s or earlier.
Icehouse plantation. This probably refers to an icehouse for Hill Hall which may have dated from the 17th
Site of Mount Hall. Old manor house demolished in the 1950s or earlier
Coleman’s Farm. Late 19th building. In the 18th this was called Cotes