Thames Tributary – tributary to the River Roding - Coopersale Common
The tributary flows southwards
TL 47630 02973
Village area with all the usual villagey things
Post to the south Coopersale Street
Site of Styles brickfield in the 19th
Coopersale and Theydon Garnon Church of England Primary School. This was Theydon Garnon School founded in 1850 by the Church of England. In September 1970 it moved to Coopersale
Coopersale Cricket Club on the Brickfield site
Garnon Bushes pub. Was once called the Rose and Crown and appears to have once been a row of cottages
Nature reserve with hornbeam pollards plus recent woodland and a network of ponds dug for gravel extraction. There are two springs and their streams travel down steep valleys with a series of bogs
St. Alban’s church, 1852. Overlooks the Roding valley. Very plain but includes some items of local interest.
War memorial in the churchyard erected 1919
Lynch gate. This was erected in 1907 made of local oak.
Little Ark Nursery in the parish rooms.
Coopersale House, 17th and 18th mansion. Formerly owned by the Archer-Houblon family who inherited it in the mid 18th but from the late 19th it remained unoccupied and was bought in 1914 by a religious order. It has since returned to residential use.
Vicarage. 1852 in Polychrome brick. There is a two storey gabled with gothic arched doors
Part of the Institute Road Estate was built in 1926,
Village Institute, donated by Mr. H. E. J. Camps of Coopershale house And built in 1926
Site of the cottage homes. They were built in 1912 as part of the union workhouse of Theydon Garnon caring for about 40 orphan children
Children's Homes. Web site
Coopersale and Theydon Garnon School. Web site
Coopersale Cricket Club. Web site
Essex County Council. Web site
Garnon Bushes, Web site
Pevsner and Cherry. Essex
St.Albans Church. Web site