Thames Tributary – tributary to the rRver Roding - Stapleford Abbotts
The tributary flows north and east towards the Roding- it rises in this area in three streams which subsequently join.
Post to the west Stapleford Abbots
Post to the north Passingford Bridge
Post to the east Curftismill Green
Post to the south Stapleford Road
Albyns Manor. Only a shell of the mansion survived the Second World War and a rocket attack, and this was demolished in 1955 – but much of the interior had already been taken to the United States. What remains is the red brick old service range, or stable, from the 17th and now converted to housing. Some of the staircase from the mansion is inside.
Albyns 18th Coach-house now a farm building. It is red brick, with a timber clock tower with a cupola plus bell, and weathervane
Albyns Garden pavilion from the 17th. It is in red brick, and square and another weathervane, on the roof. There are also brick garden walls with stone coping and gateways with balustrade ball finials. There is a swimming pool on the terrace. There was also once a water tower here.
St.Mary. this church was rebuilt in 19th but dates from 14th and there is evidence of an earlier church. It is in random stone with a yellow brick tower. Monuments to the Abdy family.
Old Rectory Farmhouse, 18th Timber framed, roughcast rendered.
The body of St.Edmund is said to have rested here in 1013 – overnight the local lord was cured of an illness. The manor was thus given to the Abbey at Bury and passed to the crown at the dissolution.
Bons Farm House, medieval timber framed and plastered.
Pub – The Rabbits