Thames Tributary Stream South Weald Common
This stream flows westwards towards the Weald Brook, itself a tributary to the Ingrebourne, and the Thames
Post to the west Horseman Side
Post to the east Bentley
Post to the south Dytchleys
Coxtie Green Road
Princes Gate Farm. The farm was here by the mid 19th.
Steam mill which has been converted to a house. It is a 19th Timber-framed and weather boarded building. The gables are ornamented and the main block has a projecting hoist loft. There is a wrought-iron weather vane. At the back are single storey weather boarded buildings round a yard. At one time there was also a brick chimney.
Granary. This is a 17th timber-framed, weather boarded, building. There are carpenter’s marks on the frame.
South Weald Common
Tan House Lane
Tan House. Late 18th house with a timber-frame which is pebble dash rendered.
Lashe’s Farm. House of 1600. Timber-framed and rendered. Inside ceiling joists have carpenter’s marks. Thought that part of the house was a dairy.
Sabin’s cottage. This is a small medieval house which had a hall with service and solar areas. It is timber-framed and weather boarded. Soot marking show where it was originally open to the roof. William Sabine was a 13th resident after whom it is named.
Slight remains of an ancient earthwork which William Stukeley, the 18th antiquarian, described it as a temple, following visits.