Thames Tributary Stream
A stream flows south west to join Weald Brook just south of The Chequers
Rural area with big houses once in institutional use.
Post to the west Weald Side
Post to the north South Weald Common
Post to the south St.Vincent's Hamlet
The Chequers Tavern. Closed for a while. This was Bar Blush but closed down because of noise issues.
Coxtie Green Road
Dytcheleys. This is a house dating from 1727. There are some later extensions. Collinson Hall of the Shorthorn Dairy Co., lived there c. 1878–90. Used by Queen Mary College, London during the 1960/70s and was part of their sports facility.
Stable and service buildings. These are 18th and 19th in red brick. There is a 3 storey clock tower
Gilstead Hall. 1726 house. This is a red brick house with the date ‘1726’ and the initials ‘LW’. It was called Wealdside in the 18th, and home to the Wrights, Roman Catholic bankers. By 1863 it was a boys' boarding school and 1900- 1937 it was home to the Crawshay family. Used by Queen Mary College in the 1960s and 1970s as part of their sports complex. Now developed for housing.
Frieze Hall Farm includes Brentford Brewing
Weald Park Golf Course and Hotel
Jewish Cemetery. The remains of Sephardic Jews from the Novo cemetery, in were re-interred following development at Mile End near the country manor of Dytchleys. Spanish and Portuguese Jews had fled from the persecutions and in 1650 they founded Shaar HaShamayim in the City of London in 1650. It was the first modern professing Jewish community in the British Isles and is the origin of the present Jewish community of Britain as a whole.
British Listed Buildings. Web site
Jewish Cemetery Project. Web site
Jewishgen. Web site
Pevsner and Cherry. Essex
Pub history. Web site
Victoria County History. Web site