Thames Tributary Ingrebourne - South Weald
The Ingrebourne rises from springs in the area of Weald Road and three small streams flow south.
South Weald Camp – this is thought to be late Iron Age and the road runs right through it. It is has a single rampart and ditch, is circular, and covers 7 acres. It is in a bad condition
Langtons. Mid-16th house in red brick and in an original rectangular plan, It is named from Simon Langton, 1327
The Park is 700-years old and covers 500 acres. Landscaping was done in the early 18th for Hugh Smith, lord of the manor 1732-1745. Weald Park was taken over by the military in the Second World War for Home Guard training. The estate was sold in 1946 and purchased by Essex County Council in 1953. There is a wood with a picnic area and wide parkland leading down to a lake.
Osborne. Defending London