Tykes Water - Borehamwood

Tributary to Tykes Water
The tributary flows south west and north
Another tributary flows north west
TQ 18469 97633

Suburban area with sports and other facilities

Post to the west Medburn
Post to the east Borehamwood
Post to the north Borehamwood

Aycliffe Road
Borehamwood Multi Purpose Day Centre. Caters for people with a range of disabilities and founded in 1985

Croxdale Road
Old Haberdashers Sports Ground. The Fortress. The Rugby Club was founded in 1923, and is largely former pupils from Haberdashers’ Aske’s School

Gateshead Road
Theobald County Secondary Modern School. This became Lyndhurst County Secondary School. Closed in 2001. It was built in 1954, as experiment in prefabricated buildings by Hertfordshire County Council under Newsome. Instead of bricks, it was built with a material called Holoplast, invented by two Hungarian engineers it was made at New Hythe in Kent. It was composed of tough plastic and paper, ready-made, and could be clipped into position on a frame. There were also A-frames, to support the ceilings in the school's library and hall, and a moat.

Leeming Road
Green Dragon. Estate pub, since closed and likely to be replaced by housing
Council depot. Flats on the site of the original Council Depot

Stevenage Crescent
Scout Hut. Disused and demolished

Theobald Street
Meryfield Community Primary School
Theobald Farm

Borehamwood and Elstree Times. Web site
Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council. Web site
Hertsmere Council. Web site
Old Haberdashers. Web site


Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town