Thames Tributary Beverley - Kingston Vale

Thames Tributary Beverley
The Beverley flows northwards to the Thames

Post to the north Roehampton Vale
Post to the south Coombe

Kingston Vale
The area was known as Kingston Bottom until mid 19th and 'Kingston Vale' is first known to be used in 1861
St John's church. Parish Church consecrated in July 1861 and completed in 1886. An earlier church was built in 1839 and in 1847, became the Parish church. The present church is on land given by the Duke of Cambridge, designed by Ewan Christian in yellow stock brick the Duchess of Teck, laid a foundation stone for a North Aisle. John Galsworthy was baptised there and his father was a churchwarden
Village Hall and two Parish Halls.

Robin Hood Lane
Site of Robin Hood farmhouse. The farm land went as far as the Beverley and dates from at least 1737. In the 1830s bought by the Duke of Cambridge
Robin Hood Lane estate was developed around Robin Hood Farm in 1936/7, after the opening of the Kingston bypass. Until then the area was open fields
Robin Hood Primary School
Early council housing
Robin Hood Inn 1868
Warren Farm

Vale Crescent
Semi-detached mock Tudor houses with paired garages to the rear
Green central round-about


Popular posts from this blog

Bromley by Bow

South Norwood

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town