Thames Tributary Beverley Brook- Motspur Park
The Beverley continues to flow northwards to the Thames
Post to the north Beverley Park
Post to the east Lower Morden
Post to the south Worcester Park
Archbishop Tenison’s School sports ground. The ground is not owned by Archbishop Tenison’s School or by the Old Tenisonians Association. It is owned by an independent charity called the Archbishop Tenison’s School Sports Ground Company. The Company was set up to purchase the sports ground in 1924. It is run by a combination of representatives of the School and the Old Boys.
58 A garden with stylish landscaping. Pond and fountain.
Coombe Boys School is a secondary school located known as 'Beverly Boys’ until federating with Coombe Girls' School. It is a Maths and Computing Specialist School
Worcester Park holder Station. This dates from 1923 and was owned by one of the constituent companies of the Wandsworth Gas Co. which managed it until nationalisation in 1947.
Sir Joseph Hood Memorial playing fields. Sir Joseph Hood, was a local, Member of Parliament and Mayor of Wimbledon, and deputy chair of British American Tobacco. In 1931, Merton and Morden UDC bought the land for a Playing Field.
Sir Joseph Hood Memorial Wood. In the 15th the area, belonged to the Priory of Merton. The an area between Beverley Brook and village of lower Morden was Hobald’s Farm, owned by the Garths family, In the 1860s, Richard Garth planted land west of the farm with oak trees.
39 Badgers Retreat, Garden with Japanese theme with waterfall, fish and summer house
The White House. Was next door, and sold by the BBC separately to a housing developer. It was the local farmhouse.
BBC sports ground.The grounds and buildings were sold by the BBC in the late 1990s and became a private members' club before being burnt down
London University Athletics Ground. Sold to Fulham Football club in 1999
Motspur Park Station. There was no station here when the line was opened in 1859. Built at Blue House Lane in 1925 to co-incide with electrification. Lies between Malden Manor and also Worcester Park and Raynes Park on Southern Rail. In 1938 the line to Tolworth opened. Between 1927 and 1937 business at the station increased by ten times. Simple island platform with a passimeter office and an open footbridge initially but some improvements made also in the 1930s.
West Barnes Library
The west barns in question were part of a large medieval farm owned by Merton priory
West Barnes lane
The Earl Beatty