Thames Tributary River Lea - Stanborough
The Lea flow south east
Post to the north Lemsford
Post to the south Stanborough
Stanborough Lake Bridge crosses the River Lea on both the A1 (M) and the Great North Road. These bridges are adjacent.
Great North Road
The East – aka The Bull. The building dates from the 1930s and then replaced buildings of 1724 and 1822. It was at one time on the other side of the road. It is now a Chinese restaurant
Stanborough Lake Bridge crosses the River Lea on both the A1 (M) and this road. These bridges are adjacent...
Stanborough School which was founded as The Grammar School, Welwyn Garden City in 1939. It became a comprehensive in 1968 and in the early 21st became a specialist school, in Mathematics and Computing.
Stanborough Park. The park is made from an old quarry site
Stanborough Lakes. The lakes were opened recently in 1970. They are the result of gravel extraction for the A1 (M). The Boating Lake is the northern lake and is shallow with several small islands. It is fed by water from the Lea at its north end and from a spring. Excess water flows over a weir back into the river at the south end.
Splashland Open Air Pool was a heated pool with waterslides and learner pool. Demolished