M25 Godstone Interchange
Post to the east Godstone Rooks Nest
Post to the west Bletchingley North Park
Oakleigh Care Home. Run by Anchor
East Surrey Water Company. Pump House
Flower Farm. This was once called Shepherds Barn Farm. The farm now has a barn which they say is 16th and operate a large farm shop, tea rooms etc. There. They also have a micro brewery and a vineyard.
Buttersgreen Shaw. Woodland with tree preservation orders, etc.
Rooks Nest Farm. Building currently used for warehousing
Flower Wood. Woodland with tree preservation orders, etc.
Medieval Moated site with fishponds. This is a moated site with outlet leat and the remains of fishponds. It is thought to date from around 1300.
Godstone Fire Station. This is full time with one engine and one incident response vehicle.
Fosterdown Farm stood to the north of here.
Medieval building. This was found to be the site of a medieval building during the construction of the M25. This was a long narrow building with thick cob walls which could have been used to house animals. There was some evidence of later use.
Godstone Bypass A22
This road was built In 1972-3 to divert the A22 east of the village.
A22 this is the old Lewes Road the ancient road into Sussex and a Roman Road. The area has been known as Tyler’s Green.
Godstone Corner Wood. Woodland W1 - a mixed coppice consisting mainly of chestnut and hazel with some poplar and including a belt of oak and ash
The Old Surrey Hounds Pub, now demolished. This was a Friary Meux house with two bars but which sold Ind Coope bitter direct from casks behind the bar. Around 1990 it became free trade and was renamed the Old Surrey, but demolished in 1995. The site is now housing.
Bus Depot. This was on the site of clay pits, It was built in 1925 as the property of East Surrey Traction Company for services from Reigate to Godstone in 1914. Buses reached had Godstone in 1913. A Green Line service to Oxford Circus was opened in 1930. It was a London Country Bus Services garage for Routes 409, 410 and 411. It closed in the early 1990 and demolished. There is now housing on the site.
Baptist Chapel. This dates from 1882
Godstone Interchange. Junction 6 M25
Here the M25 interchanges with the A22 London to Eastbourne Road. To the south the A25 is joined to it via the Godstone bypass.
Water treatment works. East Surrey Water Company's pump works. The three aeration ‘fountains’ have been removed.
Archaeology database. Web site
Historic England. Web site
Industrial Archaeology of Surrey
Industrial History of Tandridge
Lost Pubs. Web site
Surrey County Council. Web site
Tandridge District Council. Web site