M25 Coombelands Addlestone
The houses at the north end this road date at least from the early 1930s and were adjacent to Coombelands Printers – some houses are described as ‘printers cottages’ and thus this was probably company housing.
Company houses – some houses in the lane were built for employees at The Press at Coombelands in 1926,
Coombelands Farm. The farm was, or is, owned by DEFRA and used in conjunction with the Animal and Plant Health Agency.
Ongar Place Infant School
Holy Family Primary School. This is part of some Brighton and Arundel Catholic ‘multi academy trust’.
Printing works. This was The Press at Coombelands which covered the area now Redwoods and was set up around 1926. It is described as “a two acre mock Tudor facaded printing factory with 41,000 sq ft of space” surrounded by company housing.
(see comment below about ownership of the press)
In 1987 it was taken over by United Newspapers. Coombelands was eventually bought by Ian Allen the railway enthusiast publisher. The site was sold for housing in 1998.
Also called Windle Brook and Hale Bourne.
Holy Family Primary School. Web site
Sparticus. Web site.
Variuous transport enthusiast forums on line.
Wikipedia. Web site