M25 Swanley Village

Post to the east Farningham Road. Homefield
Post to the south Button Street

Button Street
Button Street Business Centre. This is in what was Sevenoaks District Council Yard
Railway bridge over Button Street, which stands very slightly skew. It is assumed that it dates from 1860

Gildenhill Road
Gildenhill Farm


Rams Wood
This was also known as Hop Kiln Wood and Hop Kiln Cottages were in Button Street roughly under the site of the M25 Bridge.
Dene Hole

Ship Lane
A terrace of houses remains in a duplicate stretch of Ship Lane – the original line of the road before the M25 was built and Ship Lane had to lowered to run under it.

Swanley Village Road
Swanley Village Nursery. Wholesale nursery
Denehole. A circular shaft is said to have appeared on the  edge of a field here. It was thought to be a denehole.
Old College. This is 18th or earlier. It is thought that the building once belonged to Cobham College, near Gravesend,
Wesleyan Cottage. This was a Methodist chapel
The Lamb. Shepherd Neame Pub created from what were once two cottages.
The Priory. Built around 1820 probably by Edward Adams and originally called Upper Dalton. There is a coach house, now a separate house.

British Listed Buildings. Web site
Chelsea Speleological Society. Newsletter
Kent Rail. Web site
KURG. News letter
News Shopper. Web site
Sevenoaks Council. Web site
Swanley Village. Web site
The Lamb. Web site


Popular posts from this blog

Bromley by Bow

South Norwood

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town