Riverside west of the Tower, north bank. Southlea
Post to the north Windsor Home Park Eastern riverside and Datchet and Southlea
Post to the east Ham Island and Nickcroft Ait
This road now goes to the Albert Bridge and is thus a new road
Southlea Farm Lane
This lane was the original road which went to the riverside but did not cross it. This was replaced by the current Southlea Road when Albert Bridge was built.St Helen’s Church, Bishopsgate. In 1263 St Helen’s nunnery was endowed with property in Datchet. A Manor of Datchet St Helen’s thus existed although its possessions were mixed up with the Manor of Datchet. It has been assumed that Southlea farm was the administrative centre for the Manor of Datchet St Helen’s, but this does not seem to have been so. Later in the 15th Christopher Barker bought up land here but the property was sold in 1631 and eventually ended up in the 18th with the Earls of Harewood.
Datchet History. Web site