Cuffley Brook - Cuffley
Cuffley Brook continues to flow southwards
The centre of Cuffley village. More suburban than it looks
Post to the south Cattlegate
Post to the north Cuffley
Post to the east Cuffley
Post to the west Cuffley
St.Martin de Porres, Roman Catholic Church. Small red church hidden away and built in 1962.
Northaw Road East
King George V Playing Fields,
Cuffley Free Church. Baptist church built 1965-7. This is now called Life Church,
St.Andrew's Church. Church of England. The church physically dominates the village by being on a rising site at a road junction. Designed by Clifford Culpin, it has a steep roof and concrete supports. It replaces a ‘tin church’ built in 1910. In 1964 local people raised over £63,000 to build the current Church. It includes an undercroft used as a function hall.
Cuffley Station. It lies between Bayford and Crews Hill Stations. It opened in 1910 on the Great Northern Railway’s Hertford Loop Line between Enfield Chase and Hertford North and was initially called Cuffley and Goff's Oak. It was the northern limit of passenger services 1910-1924. The initial station buildings were extremely modest but the current brick built booking hall was provided in the early 1980s.
Signal Box. This was in use until 1972.
Goods Yard closed 1962 and is now covered by the car park
Cuffley and Northaw Youth Centre
British History online. Hertfordshire.
Cuffley Free Church. Web site
Cuffley Station. Wikipedia. Web site.
St. Martin de Porres. Web site