Small River Lee Theobalds
The Small River Lee continues to flow south
Theobald’s Brook flows eastwards through the area
Post to the north Cheshunt
Post to the east Waltham Abbey Works
Post to the west Cheshunt
Post to the south Waltham Cross
Bowyers WaterFishery covering 35 acres in the oldest gravel pit in the area. It was excavated by hand in the 1920s. There uis now a Waterlily Walk.
Cheshunt Railway Junction
Here the two-track Southbury Loop line converges from the west with the West Anglia Main Line giving a three track approach to Cheshunt station
Sidings which were used for trains taking produce into London
Signal Box closed 2006
Downfield RoadThis area and the surrounding roads covered with nurseries until after the Second World War
Downfield Infant and Junior Schools
High StreetChrist Church. Built in 1833 the church was originally a ‘daughter’ to St.Mary’s Cheshunt and known as "Trinity Chapel" designed by E.Blore. In 1855 it became a parish church called "Holy Trinity". In 1974 it entered into an agreement with the Methodist Church and was renamed “Christ Church”. Waltham Abbey and Hertford Circuit is fully involved in ecumenical co-operation, with Anglican and URC ministers on its staff. The church was consecrated in 1833 as a chapel of ease in the parish of
Tollgate set up on north side of the Trintiy Lane junction after 1725 and remained there to the 1880s.
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
Once known as Marsh Lane
Theobald’s Brook flows on the south side of the lane
Pindars Cottage was here - the pindar looked after the management of the marsh
Heronry on the south side of the road in the 17th as part of the Royal Mews.