Thames Tributary - tributary to Cripsey Brook - Matching Green

Thames Tributary - tributary to Cripsey Brook
Two Tributaries flows westwards to Cripsey Brook
A tributary rises in this area and flows south to Cripsey Brook

TL 53 11
Post to the west- Matching Green 52 11
Post to the south - High Laver - 53 10
Post to the west -Little Laver - 54 11

Chequers Road

The Chequers. Built in the mid 19th as a stop for coaches
Elm House. Home of Augustus John, the artist 1903-1905 and there is a blue plaque on it. It was later used as a nursing home.
The Lilacs. Timber framed and roughcast 17th cottage, subsequently altered.
Restcot. Timber framed and weather boarded 19th cottage,
Chestnut Cottage. Timber framed and weather boarded 19th cottage, subsequently altered.
Little Watermans. 18th cottage timber framed and plastered. The name relates to the defunct manor of Waterman
Rose Cottage. Cottage built in 1835, timber framed and roughcast

High Laver Lane
Friday Cottage. 17th building, timber framed and weather boarded.
Newhouse Farm. This was previously called ‘Chalkpits; and is a timber-framed 17th house.

Watery Lane
St Edmund. This was built as a chapel of ease in 1874. It is in yellow brick with a small western bell tower. It is used as the hall for the neighbouring school.
Matching Green Church of England Primary School. Built in the early 1900s.
Waterman's End House.
A timber-framed building 18th house
Leather Bottle. Brick house which was a pub 1890
Clarksmead spring

Little Laver Road
Hull Green Cottages - council houses


Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town