Thames Tributary Spurgate Brook Lambourne

Thames Tributary Spurgate Brook
The Brook flows eastwards towards the River Rom

Post to the north Lambourne
Post to the west Lambourne End
Post to the south Hainault Forest
Post to the east Bournbridge Lane

Bournebridge Road
Blue House Farm. 17th house, Timber framed, plastered, and with handmade red clay roof tiles.

Cavill’s Walk
Plaque to say it was named after James Cavill who was a 19th wheelwright who lived at Abridge Cottage

Featherbed Lane
The lane has a population of 40 veteran trees making it a good area for bats and has hedgerows to the east and west which is good for ground dwelling mammals. The northern part has a population of maple, elm, blackthorn and bramble. The south has holly and hawthorn, coppiced hornbeam, pollarded oak and ash. Some trees are very old –for instance an ash estimated at 350 years, or a Hornbeam 300 years old
Crabtree Hill. One of the highest points in the Hainault forest on the Bagshot Beds this is 80m

Hainault Forest
Lambourne Well. Pond and a source of the Rom
Three Cornered Plain
Spurgate Plain
Spurgate Brook was the boundary for the palace deer park. There are veteran trees along it. It is one of the sources for the River Rom
Playing Fields

Manor Road
Manor Road was built in 1790 at the expense of Admiral Sir Edward Hughes
Woodland Camp. Christian camping centre
Lambourne Centre. This was Young’s Farm which was used in the 1930s by the Mansfield Centre in Forest Gate for boys camping at weekends. The farm became a centre for such activity and was sold to the Lady Trower Trust who remodelled it including more sporting activity. By the 1980s it was entirely used by the Mansfield Centre and they added overnight accommodation and eventually environmental activities. It has since had input from the YMCA.
Church House. 1671
Forest Lodge.
Isabella Cottages
Tuttleby Cottages

Tinorth Lodge – pump in the garden


Popular posts from this blog

Bromley by Bow

South Norwood

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town