Thames Tributary Bourne Brook - Stapleford Road
The brook continues to flow south west towards the River Rom
Post to the west Stapleford Abbotts
Post to the north Albyns
Post to the east Tysea Hill
Post to the south Bournbrook Bridge
The lane was named after PC George Gutteridge and there is also a memorial to him. He was murdered here in 1927 and the crime was one of the first to be solved using ballistic evidence.
Stapleford Hall Farm. Owned by the Crown. The farm-house is a late 17th/early 18th century timber framed and roughcast buildings
Mitchell’s Farm. 17th house destroyed by fire.
Stapleford Abbotts Village Hall
Stapleford Abbotts Primary School. This was built in 1877, and originally included a house for the Head Teacher. Later it also housed a branch of the County Library.
High House Farm