TQ 49 94
The London/Havering/Essex boundary continues due east
Post to the west Hainault Road
Post to the north Bournebridge Lane
Post to the east Havering Park
Post to the south Havering Park
Thames Tributary River Rom
The Rom continues to flow south west
Sites on the London, Havering, side of the border
Foreberry Wood North (or Foxberry)
Probably ancient Woodland. Dominated by oak with hornbeam coppice and ash. There is elm, hawthorn and hazel as well as blackthorn and holly. On the ground are bramble and ivy with bluebells. The large amount of dead wood mean the wood is full of birds and invertebrates.
Historic name for the area and then the name for a development area.
Park Farm. Built In 1869 by David McIntosh and it is a striking example of a model farm from the heyday of 19th farming. The buildings are grouped round a courtyard, included several large brick barns, workers' cottages, and an original engine house. buildings on the same pattern as those of Bower Farm. A connecting series of five long ranges for progressive large-scale dairy farming. This production of milk for the London market at the Havering Park estate began in the 1840s pioneered by Hall whose monument is in the church.
Cattle shed with the date 1869 and ‘McIntosh jun’ on the gable.
Cart-shed open with hayloft
The Rom flows between fairly natural banks. There are bur reeds and fool's watercress.The river supports water voles, as well as kingfisher and reed bunting.