The London/Essex border -Buckhurst Hill
The London/Redbridge.Essex boundary goes south west down Whitehall Plain to cross Brook Road
The River Ching flows south and west
TQ 40611 94127
As the old A11 climbs out of London into Essex, it widens and there is more green space
Post to the north Epping Forest
Post to the south Buckhurst Hill
Post to the west Chingford
Sites on the Essex side of the boundary
St John the Baptist. The parish church built in 1837 as a chapel of ease. In the following year it became a separate ecclesiastical district. It has a nave, chancel, aisles, north porch, and tower with pinnacles and spire and has been enlarged. It is a stone building in the Early English style.
St.John’s Church of England School
Rectory – demolished and replaced by Glebe House in the church grounds.
Epping New Road
Warren Wood House. Rough pub
St.John the Baptist. Web site
Victoria History of Essex