The London/Hertfordshire boundary - Mount Vernon
The London, Hillingdon/ Hertfordshire boundary turns north east from Scrubs Lane and goes up White Hill.
Post to the east Batterswells
Post to the north Batchworth Heath
Sites on the London, Hillingdon side of the border
Battlers Wells Wood
Sites on the Three Rivers, Hertfordshire side of the boundary
Coal post at the junction with Jackets Lane
Lockwell House used in episodes of ‘The Professionals’
Mount Vernon Hospital Built on the northern part of the Northwood Park Estate after it was sold in 1902. French chateau style. The hospital was founded in 1860 as The North London Hospital for Consumption and Diseases of the Chest in Fitzroy Square and soon after moved in Hampstead, moving again to Northwood in1904. In 1967 the Marie Curie Hospital for women cancer patients also moved here from Hampstead. A number of breakthroughs in cancer treatment have been pioneered here.
Art Nouveau church. The Chapel was converted into the Fowler-Scott Library and leased to the Gray Laboratory. Which was developing new ways of treating brain tumours
Michael Sobell House. Opened in 1977 following a local campaign and a donation from Sir Michael Sobell, radio and television manufacturer of £250,000. Later a day centre was added. The unit provides relief from pain and has a philosophy like that of hospice care.