Thames Tributary Seven Kings Water - Seven Kings
Seven Kings Water continues to flow south towards the River Roding eventually disappearing under railway line
The Great Eastern Railway from Liverpool Street to Shenfield runs north eastwards from Ilford Station through to Seven Kings Station and onwards.
Post to the west Seven Kings
Post to the east Goodmayes
Post to the south Seven Kings
Aldborough Road South
The Downshall Centre – this is now a ‘free’ private school run by E-Act. It had for many years been a youth and community centre, but had been built in the 1930s as Downshall Junior School.
St John the Evangelist Church. The church dates from 2004 but was reconfigured in the early 1990s
Sheltered accommodation on the site of the vicarage.
Joker pub – big pub with large open space in front. Closed with planning consent for housing.
14 Shannon Centre. Irish social centre which includes night club, bars etc.
Chadwick House. Sheltered housing on the Site of the old Baptist premises and named after the first minister there, 1898 the Revd. John F. Chadwick opened this as a temporary and Corbett, the developer, gave the site for a hall.
Canon Palmer Roman Catholic Secondary School. Opened as a ‘Special Agreement’ school, in 1961. Is now an ‘Academy’.
Developed by Cameron Corbett in the 1890s.
Kings Hotel. 19th hotel since demolished. It was on part of the site taken by superstores, etc.
Seven Kings Health Centre
Church Hall from the United Free Church
Downshall Primary School built in 1994 to replace the school built in what became the Downshall Centre. It was on the Seven Kings Lower site.
United Free Congregational church. Formed in 1902, A hall was built in 1907 and a new church in 1936.
This may mean the 'place of Seofeca's people', but the tradition that this was the meeting place of seven Saxon kings is not generally supported
Seven Kings Road
Seven Kings Station. Opened in 1899 it lies between Goodmayes and Ilford Stations and it was built by Great Eastern Railway. The station was built with guarantees by Corbetts as part of promotion for Grange housing estate and it was built with four tracks from the start so as not to repeat mistakes made at Ilford. Photographs show what appears to be a water tower at the eastern end of the down platform. In 1984 there was some rebuilding of the station but it mostly remains as originally built.
Westwood Recreation Ground, this is parkland bisected by the Seven Kings Water in a canal and dammed at the centre of the park to form a pond. The park was formed in the 1930s and has Gothic style gates. There are 19th limes and planes and a children’s playground.
Brennand. Ilford to Shenfield
Downshill School. Web site
London Borouh of Redbridge. Web site
St.John the Evangelist. Web site
Victoria County History. Essex